Ferrari 512BB Chassis 28543 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 512BB Chassis 28543

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by samsaprunoff, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

In the continued spirit to document our cars... Here is info on 28543 which is being auctioned on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-ferrari-512-bb-2

All Pictures were taken from this site.

Cheers,

Sam

1979 Ferrari 512BB
    Color: Red Exterior with no Boxer trim with Black Interior
    Mileage: 10300 KM (approx 6400 Miles)
    Chassis: 28543
    EngineNum: F102B000 00457
    GearboxNum: 463
    BuildNum: 352
    Current Bid: $130K USD

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    that rear bumper

3. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    At $170 now.

Yeah the rear bumper is unfortunate unless you want to serve a picnic on it.

Seller is not responding to questions.
    One question was if it was original paint.

I think not because it’s sans Boxer trim. And the front bumper shows no DOT or front marker lights. Perhaps front was repaired at one time? Strictly speculation.

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    $265k, seems low to me? Was there a problem with this one?

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  6. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Not a bad car and probably priced right but undoing the DOT structural changes is involved to say the least. Needs a rear bumper, exhaust, suspension, a lot of cutting and welding. Never seen a carb'd boxer with a black headliner unless it was ordered from the factory that way (which would need documentation to back it up), a/c compressor is wrong, Plug wire looms are wrong, charcoal canister, wrong headlights and I suspect it had boxer trim from new (could be wrong). Fog lights may be the exposed market with short grill from the factory but the DOT cutting and welding up front usually results in a recessed fog light car being converted to exposed lights. Italian wording on the gauges makes me think long grill recessed fogs but cant say without seeing it.

So someone bought a driver that needs a fair amount spent to make it correct.

7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

May have been repainted poorly. I see paint on the black rubber filler in the picture of the tire sticker on the front windshield. I sure that would go on after paint not before, but could be wrong.

8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my oh my thats an ugly rear bumper.
    am surprised that amerispec did it.
    mine was imported and homologated by amerispec, but since it was re-exported to italy and put back to original specs, i dont know if they ever put that bumper on or not, since it doesnt have it today.

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Paul,

The car has the original warranty document (I am jealous)... see pictures in an earlier post... and the dealer stamp is Auto Becker and so the delivery Country would have been Germany.

A few other pluses are the original documents, warranty card (jealous), tools, jack bag with contents, spare tire, etc are already with the car. Having all these bits already is going to save the new owner a lot of time, effort, and $$$.

Cheers,

Sam

10. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

I could be wrong, but it looks like 28543 does not have a California "BAR" Sticker...At least it does not appear in any pictures. If so then this may have limited the buyer pool and thus the resulting final price, as it would have excluded/limited the number of California buyers.

Cheers,

Sam

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Mine has all that stuff as well which is nice to have. I figure if that car didn’t have the DOT ugliness going on it would be closer to 300k which doesn’t seem down to me for a carb’d 512 driver.