Ferrari 599 GTO with 70.000 km | FerrariChat

Ferrari 599 GTO with 70.000 km

Discussion in '612/599' started by ferry430, Mar 26, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

would you by a 599 GTO with 70.000 km

1. Yes

75.4%
  2. No

24.6%
  1. ferry430

ferry430 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2012
    Bavaria
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hi @All
    as prices are going up for the 599 GTO there might be a reason to by one.
    The F40, F50, Enzo, 288 GTO and La Ferrari are gone up too.

I was offered an 599 GTO with 70.000 km, all services done by Ferrari.
    The km were done on long distance drives. Car looks like new after the last service.
    No accident.

I am based in europe.
    GTO`s are offerd from 750.000 to 1.1 million Euros with a mileage form 5.000 to 40.000km on the market.

Would like to know your opinion if you would go for it or not.

Thx a lot

Andrew

2. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I you have the money and if the car makes you happy: buy it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn J9210 met Tapatalk

tomc and ferry430 like this.
  3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    As long as you can buy it AND afford the services (or do them yourself competently), then do it and never look back!!!!

FIN612 and ferry430 like this.
  4. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    George Vosburgh, tomc and ferry430 like this.
  5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    tomc and ferry430 like this.
  6. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    ferry430 likes this.
  7. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It really depends on how much you are saving over an avg driven GTO....if you all do remember not long ago when the car market was softer, folks with higher mileage exotics couldn't even give their cars away.

I obviously voted no. Pay more for lower mileage.

ferry430 likes this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eventually, mileage makes no difference. Over half the 250 GTOs were badly wrecked at one time or another, some even rebodied a couple of times. Values seem to be doing OK.

Condor Man, Skidkid, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  9. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I think it is a lovely feeling if you buy a relatively high mileage Ferrari special and you don't have tot be worried for the extra miles you put on the odometer. Drive it as much as you want!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn J9210 met Tapatalk

JM280z likes this.
  10. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very true Taz, especially for the very limited production run ones.

ferry430 likes this.
  11. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That is definitely another way to think about it.

Or also, not worry as much with normal road wear and tear (chips, scratches, etc) and all the idiots in the parking lots ...

ferry430 likes this.
  12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    As long as the price reflects the mileage .. then its should be fine .. Its really not many miles when you convert it to miles its like 31900 miles which is nothing.. just get a big discount and in 10 years it will not really matter

ferry430 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    70,000 x 3280.8/5280=43495

14. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Higher percentage gains can be made on other cars. If you have $1M burning a whole in your pocket, you can buy 5-10 other cars and make 100% each in 10 years. I don’t see GTOs going from $1M to $2M in 10 years.

Regardless, get what you want. Either way, you’ll have some gains with the impending auto markets.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ferry430 likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The mileage probably means the car will run better But the question is what is the price you pay to get in today vs what the market for a car with more km on the clock when you eventually go to sell. At this mileage you will not be appealing to the collectors, so you will have to consider the price level for the enthusiasts. Yes, values are going up, but the collector level cars are more likely to remain higher when the eventual correction happens- Ferrari is very special, but corrections always happen. So of you buy it with the mindset of collector values are way up, and now the enthusiast level values are being pulled along so you go for the ride, then just know at some point you might find the car isn't worth quite as much as you paid. With all that said- its still a Ferrari and its still got the magic letters. And the most important part is you get to enjoy the car. I hope it works out!

ferry430 and LARRYH like this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I also would not think the buyer would pay anywhere near 1million for a GTO with 70000km on it.. when you can buy a GTO with less that 1000 miles on it for around 800 or 900 ..I would think the 70000km car would be priced in the 500ks or maybe 600k and I would not buy any of these cars for the purpose of making money..
    now not losing money maybe,,,,,

17. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I’ve done very well flipping cars after a few years ownership. My cars that I’ve owned a longer that I haven’t sold yet have serious gains (280z, 348 ts, F430, 599 HGTE). Guaranteed insurance value too and I get to enjoy them. I plan to keep growing my car “portfolio” with collectors. Diversifying investments sort of speak. Purchasing cars is more intentional and secure investments than throwing money on SPX/SPXL (S&P500) or something, imo.

18. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    yes I have made plenty on buying then selling cars But Its far from a sure thing.... and its hard to hit it right so I buy what I like and if it makes money when I sell it in a few years..... I prefer the stock market but am far from an expert in that

ferry430 likes this.
  19. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Yea, I only buy what I’d enjoy being stuck with. Also what I can afford (cash only, no loans). I’m smart enough not to buy a C8 Vette for $130k, from a financial standpoint, people can buy whatever they want but don’t complain about absorbing $100k in depreciation in 10 years.

LARRYH likes this.
  20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jake- You do not have an HGTE 599. They were not available until US MY2010. Retrofit kits are not the same.

21. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    You’re not wrong, but not right either. It does increase value, but not the same of course. I’m also lacking some of the interior trim that a factory HGTE would have too but I plan on fixing that. When Atlanta Motor Cars sold it they even advertised it as “HGTE” as one sees with most “retrofitted” sales. The difference from “retrofit” from the factory versus from a Ferrari service center is negligible, but not the same.

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Jake out of curiosity are you the guy that restores and sells old 240Zs …?? the name is very similar ?? seems like I read a story about that group maybe in Road and track a year or so ago????

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yes and No. Most people didn't do the entire kit, it was very expensive. At least that is what I see when I look at cars that are retrofitted. The entire setup was like $42K, I have seen the invoice from my car. BUT that still lacked the HGTE stitching on the seats and you had to have a bunch of the CF options as well. I will ignore the ones that have early SN since that is well known already.

SonomaRik likes this.
  24. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If I ever have the means to purchase a GTO, I would buy it and enjoy it, so by default, I guess a higher mileage example would make more sense to me also.

ferry430 likes this.
  25. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I’ve “restored” and flipped a few Zs but not me you’re thinking of. I adore classic Zs. I’ve got spare parts to build 2 from the ground up lol.