Wanted - Ferrari 599 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted Ferrari 599

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by [email protected], Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    Thanks! Can tell between the pics how the daylight affects the color.

Also, nice to see other caliper colors!

2. Ace494

Ace494 Rookie

Dec 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ace V
    Great to see this thread and all the beautiful 599s. I am currently doing my diligence between a 550/575 and the 599...a tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. flackmaster

flackmaster Rookie

Feb 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    David A. Flack
    I've been lurking/learning as I also am targeting a 599 in the future. There was a thread a while back that listed the standard questions/issues to be aware of, shocks, TFT display pixels, fuel pumps, and a few other minor things (stickies, etc). There is also a bid/ask thread that an analytical type posted, but its hard to quantify many of the subjective issues, i.e. specific options, color combos (alleged Black car discount?) maintenance, etc. From what I have gathered, regardless of whether you view in person, a detailed prepurchase inspection by a dealer or known shop to evaluate wear percentages is more than worth its cost.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I have had all three of the cars you are considering plus a 575 Superamerica [still have it]. The 599 is "light years" more sophisticated than the 550 or 575. It's a bargain value for way more car IMHO. As David said about 599s there are issues that you should pay attention to. Before I bought my 599 the shocks had been replaced. And the TFT in my car turned to "snow". Had to pull the dash and send it to Francorchamps in CA for a re-build. The timing was right because the leather on the dash was pulling away and the trim around the top dash vents had curled. Re-covered the dash leather and replaced the vent trim at the same time as the TFT. Stickies have also been addressed in the car. But stickies are typical for every Ferrari since the 348....nothing new here.

The 599 is a great car. Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hmm... sounds like you're gonna keep it. ;)

SCantera likes this.
  6. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    That's what happens when I drive it! Although with the F12 coming the concept was to sell the 599 it's just too nice of a car. I want to get it into my new garage in NC by the end of September. I want to put the 575 SA, the 599 and the F12 next to each other and ogle for a bit. 3 big V-12s.....love it!!!!