News

Ferrari 612 Front light cover clouding

Discussion in '612/599' started by Dutch80210, Nov 20, 2020 at 6:06 AM.

1. Dutch80210

Dutch80210 Rookie

Mar 27, 2015
    I am about to buy a 2006 Ferrari 612 Black/Tan in perfect condition.
    The one comment I have is that the Light covers are clouding on this inside and even appear to have some dried up water drops.

The Ferrari dealer says these lenses do not open and cannot be cleaned on the inside.
    Replacement at crazy high cost is the only option.

Anybody with the same experience and possible solution?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. brogenville

brogenville Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Taking them apart isn’t particularly easy, but it has certainly been done a number of times on other Ferrari headlight units of the same vintage. No reason why it can’t be done if you really take your time with it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. DKurtaz

DKurtaz Rookie

Aug 12, 2019
    i just repaired my cloudy lights.
    It’s quite easy- get the headlights out and use a Dremmel mini cutter- there is a perfect slot in the light housing to guide you all the way round the lens cover. The way the lens is attached means you won’t create any visible damage and you have a nice surface to allow resealing. Reseal with marine mastic. Takes about 45 mins per light. If they ever cloud up in future, easy for me to re-open and clean.
    Oh, and they look like new!!

Nospinzone, 360Marnix and Makuono like this.
  5. Dutch80210

Dutch80210 Rookie

Mar 27, 2015
    Great idea? I am going to propose this and see what the dealership says. And when they balk at it I'll find someone who will attempt it. With the 612 the nose comes at you with the headlights looking at you first?! They are the advertisement of this Ferrari. Thanks so much for this option as I know this will work!!! Thanks

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I wouldn't attempt to try DKurtaz' repair myself, but I have a first class auto body guy that I know could do that if/when I need it done.

7. To remove this ad click here.