Ferrari Adventure #3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Adventure #3

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360HB, Jul 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    So I found a great 2004 360 out in DC this week. After I pussed out on driving my 1st ferrari (360 Coupe) home to Huntington Beach Ca from Dallas TX (Fchat thread.) My second 360 (spyder) made the trip home from Dallas Texas.

We'll I'm back for 360 #3. Only this time I'm in Washington DC.

The purchase was made last night. The plan is to drive back to CA by way of Nashville, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, and Phoenix.

Yeah its a ton of miles, but this car has 60k+ on it already so I know it's already worthless to 80% of Fchat members as is soooooo I'm not scared of the miles lol

I'm planning on 5 days. For the journey.

So sit back and watch the show.

D.C.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caphill, Ryan..., artsd and 2 others like this.
  2. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Also the sellers son was in hysterics, when his dad told him the Ferrari was going away, I captured his stress in this photo while mom and dad were counting cash in a Starbucks lol.

2nd image was right as he was about to punch dad in the D*ck! You can see the little hand in motion and all balled up.. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ryan..., cre_man, Mimmo Blue and 3 others like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Enjoy!! Hope u got a good deal! With that mileage should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    That's the best laugh I've had for some time :) Kudos to the youngster!

Congrats on your purchase and resolve to enjoy it! From my perspective, you're doing what more of us should be doing to enjoy our prized possessions. Hard to enjoy a car that's just sitting in the garage.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. basscase415

basscase415 Karting

Jun 10, 2017
    CA
    You'd think the kid would be happy they could afford to buy him shoes now :)

6. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What a great story, and love those photos! Have a great trip. Your dialogue reminds me of when I sold the 300SL, and the Dino. My wife cried crocodile tears for the Benz, and my grandson the same for the Dino. I of course regret both those sales. Enjoy that ride!

7. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    Waiting to see more of the trip photos

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

8. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Those photos are hilarious!!!! Hahaha. When people say they “pay cash” I didn’t think that typically meant straight up paper money but whatever works! Congrats, enjoy the journey back!

9. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Quick update: I'll reply to all the comments and stuff tonight when I get to Nashville.

This kid and his mom rolled up on me in a Walmart parking lot in rural Virginia he never seen a Ferrari before. He knew everything about it had to let him hop in and get a picture. Think I got 20 pictures of him on his phone he is gonna be the coolest kid in school next year. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ryan..., bball16, John_K_348 and 3 others like this.
  10. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Exciting, gutsy, and great car bonding experience ! Good for you. Wife and I drove back a Vette in April 2002 from MI. to Cali. Quite an experience hunkering down under a underpass in OK. during a sudden hailstorm....

Good luck and safe travels. I grew up in HB, HB and Edison high, early 70's......

11. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
  12. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Here is a nother sacriligious act that is further turning my 360 into a Honda Civic.

Eating a chicken sandwich from Hardy's get this......... IN THE CAR!

This thing should easily be a lexus by midnight... Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    When wife and I moved west, we stopped in Amarillo for dinner. We both enjoyed the best-tasting steaks in a long time. After 21 years in the DC area, we had made up our minds to escape the madness. Hurrah for us!

You may wish to stop. You will understand why this is a beef town when you see all the corrals of livestock.

14. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Cali plates ? How did that happen, DC area car ......

15. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Caphill, Ryan... and one4torque like this.
  16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Man I LOVE road trips! wish I was along for the ride...... in another ferrari LOL.

Enjoy the life adventure..... those who treat these as financial instruments are missing the point.... IMHO....... you will not lay on your back in your last moments of earthly existance smiling about a 15% ror on a car....... but a track day, or cross country trip in an F car.... well.... let's just say I could go out thinking of such things and smile :)

evilruss and Walt Gamble like this.
  17. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    I'm having a blast. I'll still be making plenty on this when sale time comes. Just like my others I got this one WAYYYY under what I should have :) Every mile that goes by, the car gets closer to the scrap yard ;)

Darn right. I'll put these miles on it putting around so cal sitting in traffic. So much more fun to add them to the odometer by driving across the U.S.A.. Something I've always wanted to do...... The fact that I'm in a Ferrari makes it that much better.

Hopefully..... Poor kid.... Sad and shoeless :lol

Thank you sir!

Most don't, but this guy requested it, and I used it to get another couple thousand off of his asking price :)

Right on, I'm a Marina guy! I appreciate the well wishes. Hopefully I don't see any hail. I'm not holding my breath though.

I've been thru Amarillo a couple of times before but never stopped. I probably wont be stopping this time either. I have a thoroughbred that is currently in ABQ. He raced and won this past Wednesday night. So I'll be taking my trainer (Happens to be my GF's Dad) his wife, the jockey, and gallop boy out to eat, then I'm high tailing it home from there. I'm hoping to skip the Phoenix stop.

D.C. is nuts. I feel like there is not one 90 degree intersection in the whole area (kidding), my GPS was driving me nuts with all the right turns that were for all intents and purposes right "U-Turns" lol

Those are California Vehicle Dealer plates. I have a dealers license in CA, much easier to bring my own plates to put on the car.

. EXXXACTLY 100% I've never driven across the USA before. This was the perfect opportunity. :)

Caphill likes this.
  18. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Beautiful car! I want to take mine on a road trip but have been a little hesitant... have had the car for about a year and only one minor issue sooo it might be getting close to time.

Did the Ferrari shirt come with the car? :)

19. DJATL

DJATL Rookie

May 24, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    DavidP
    Great to see a Ferrari being driven! Just put 500 miles on my new F430 last weekend.

Guess the kids cancel each other out, you made one happy and one sad...

20. Walt Gamble

May 22, 2014
    When you do that at 120 you'll be a true 360 believer

21. Walt Gamble

May 22, 2014
    Get on the road...don't wait. Have it serviced before and no worries...

22. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sounds like a great trip. love how you literally payed cash. and in a public place! is this your third 360 as in you own three of these cars or you sell them and keep buying them? must be nice having three!

23. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016

As far as the cash thing, I'm not too scared of people. I'm 5'11 about 205-210 and can handle myself if necessary. People usually tell me I'm the scary looking one, so that may be part of it lol...

1st one was toted, 2nd engine ate itself (precat ingestion.) This one hopefully will be with me for a while..

24. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Caphill and one4torque like this.