F8 - Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Level7, Jan 21, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Hard to know for sure but my F8 Spider was replacing my 488 Spider I bought from them so I think I was treated fairly considering what this forum says and last August when I made my deposit I don't believe there was much chatter that the next Fcar was going to be a V6 hybrid so there was not a frenzied rush to oder F8s.

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The way it looks is the F8 numbers will actually be less than that of the Pista.

tfazio and GT2goneF like this.
  3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Is there any known timetable which suggests when F8 production will end? It would seem from a business perspective,that they would build as many as demand commands.

4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That’d be ironic... and most buyers didn’t even need to also buy a Lusso and 812 to get it.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It would make sense, but I have a feeling that if F8 production continues over the V6 Turbo Toaster, all the money invested on R&D of the V6 would be lost as most people would likely continue ordering the F8 over the V6. My view...

Chizz and Senna1994 like this.
  6. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Assuming that any retail strategy would be affected by the interest and demand of the new product,--so if v6 orders are sluggish when announced the F8 or some variant would continue.
    Notice how Porsches' GT3 demand and prices have been stronger since they intro"d the electric strategy and Taycan.
    And for such a huge move for Ferrari away from ICE it's more critical.
    My two cents.

JTSE30 likes this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The story goes however that the introduction of the SF90 with its evil hybrid V8 has put an end to the 812 SF (with its glorious NA V12) career, in spite of the fact the SF90 was never presented as a replacement for the 812. So assuming people would prefer a V8 on a 12 years old platform to a brand new hybrid V6 may be far fetched.

Senna1994 likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Only time will tell. It is anybody's guess. I think there are two main drivers for this issue, economics and environmental. For all we know, this may be a way for Ferrari to test the hybrid and possibly electric waters. If this doesn't work, they may go back to what they are doing before, resisting like Porsche and Lamborghini are. Who knows, "I just work here"... Well, I just opine here.

9. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    well if you did work there we'd likely have a better idea about this.
    Also was thinking-thank God Sergio had the foresight to separate Ferrari from FCA or today or the Stellantis Group which runs FCA and is controlled by Peugeot would be a scary thought for us F men.

JTSE30, rossodino and GT2goneF like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL. I don't work there, I was just using the phrase about making comments here on this forum. Agree and amen for the rest you said.

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Yes I knew that.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I ordered my F8 Coupe in the beginning of January and told that I would most likely have it by Summer, what part of Summer is the question. My particular dealer offered me an allocation much sooner, but like a dummy that I am, I dragged my feet thinking the Delta with selling my 488 was too great. After viewing the F8 in person and going to the dealership, I am 100% happy to have placed the order.

Chizz, MANDALAY and GT2goneF like this.
  13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yeh i dont get it. But our dealer was told all numbers allocated to them will be going down and they have. They said that Ferrari is moving to a strategy of more models with less numbers given the new sub frames they are putting out.

They have only 4 allocations with some states zero left. Definitely lower than Pista. The Spider will continue until for all the orders taken along with LB.

All F8's will be complete by end 2021. LB should be reviled soon and go into production 4th quarter

Senna1994 likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Porsche has done better by 100% IMO. Still have N/A and now an EV 4WD.

Ferrari IMO are at a loss with the SF90 and will be with the LB.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    My point precisely.

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

IMO Ferrari did the proverbial to the 488 , Pista owners. BUT have either 2 and keeping them , then who cares as they both along with the F8 are wonderful machines that the SF90 and LB will be devoid of.........

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was speaking purely in terms of production numbers.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Wasnt told factory numbers. But dealer numbers less F8's than Pistas

19. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    And it's my guess,reading between the lines from what my dealer told me, that September F8 deliveries will be model year 2022.

MANDALAY likes this.
  20. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    FWIW - I spoke to my sales rep last week. He told me that they were still accepting orders for F8s. When I asked about which cars were being ordered the most, he commented F8 Spider and SF90 Spider. I asked about the "in 30 days no more orders would be accepted by the factory for the F8". He said that the factory was still accepting F8 orders. Unfortunately I did not ask the money question - regarding actual allocations for any type of F8. More to follow.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I believe it may secondary to dealer allocations. If they have not met their assigned number, they will continue accepting orders until completed.

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure I get any of this stuff. Asked my dealer last week about F8 Spider allocations as,I have put in my deposit. I was told not to worry. I'm not in a hurry and still not settled. I said that I probably would not config until May. No problem I was told. So it seems to me that dealers that say that the order books will close now, are playing games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chizz likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    There have been statements made by some dealerships but also apparently comments from Ferrari administration officers made to some of the members of this forum indicating the above.

24. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It’s more about unfilled allocations than playing games.

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is what I thought