AUS - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 3 | FerrariChat

AUS Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ragtop, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    aw man..... poor dude. I can't believe he didn't notice what he was doing?

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Well I didn't spot a Ferrari and it wasn't in Austin but I did meet someone worth mentioning. I was at the outlet mall just off 35 in San Marcos and spotted a nice looking silver Maserati Coupe in the parking lot with both Ferrari and Maser shields . I was curious and cruised over to get a better look. Just seconds after I pull up next to it the owner walks up. Hmmmm..... I think I recognize this guy from somewhere, sure enough it's Dr. Stephen Earle. He was very gracious and spoke with me for a bit about cars and autographed a pic of his car.

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

He is a helluva guy, Mark!!!! Really quality individual, besides being an awesome driver.

'Twas good to speak with you on Saturday, by the way. The kart races were fun. Sorry you couldn't make it!! Next time.

Best,

Dave

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very cool. You know that my Challenge was his car for 4 years and he won two NA champs with it.

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I was reading your post about the thing at TWS and am thinking about cruising up. Anybody else going to be there?

6. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Here's an unusual spotter in Austin........there are two 79 308 2valve carb cars in our shop at the same time. How many of those did they make????????????

7. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Wow, not quite Austin, but here in Kyle (South of Austin) Sat afternoon I saw a Blue 456 w/ what I think was 355 wheels. Really unsual to see a F-car in such a small town. Acutally, it was the first time I had seen one in Kyle. Next day I saw a yellow GT2, weird seeing those two cars around.

8. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    i always have my camera with me, so i've filmed a lot of these...a red 360 when i was coming out of uno's pizza 2 weeks ago, with a plate frame that said ferrari new england, black 360 1 street over from previous sighting, silver 360 at barton creek estates, red 348 spyder, red 355 spyder, yellow 355 spyder, black or bluish 550 passed us up on I-35 when we were in the red 550, my friends neighbor owns a yellow diablo se30. most of these are in the barton creek/westlake/and bee caves area. most of these were in the same area. i usually see a lot of ferraris around here. and a few lamborghinis.

O and that mondial, i'm pretty sure i saw that a few years ago at a dealership on lamar. could have been at 3d not sure though. O and i saw a white 308 or 328 near mt. bonnel near the lake house. and a red testarossa on saturday.

9. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    I heard about the F40, it belongs to john, not sure of his last name. I'm trying to figure this one out.

10. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I was driving East down the 2222 hill from 620 this morning at 10:45am heading to Riverbend Church. I passed a red 328 GTS coming up the 2222 hill. This is the second time lately that I have passed this car at the same time in the same place. My TR is at FOH this month so you woudn't recognize me in my blue Suburban but I do recognize you. Who owns this car?

11. techmogul

techmogul Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    TX/ME
    Full Name:
    SCF
    Was me. I would certainly have waved had I seen the TR. Did see six separate radar traps during the short round trip drive to Oasis and back to Westlake. Much prefer the sight of your car.

Sean

12. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Howdy Sean, have you found the backway to the Oasis yet? It's a great ride. Plus, you miss all of the speed traps. It was great seeing your 328 first thing in the morning, that's always a good sign that it's going to be a great day. I'll be watching for you when I get my TR back. I live off of 620 so I'm usually in that area on the weekends.
    Kelly

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Red 360 Coupe w/wheels, tinted windows IIRC. Appeared to be a male with his hat on backwards. Today (Friday 9/10/04) ~12:30pm on 360, going North, exiting (?) to 2244/Bee Caves.

14. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Red 355 Spyder and blue 355 Spyder at Rudy's BBQ Classic Car show today. Actually, there were quite a few nice cars there. I love 1960's and 1970's muscle cars.

15. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I saw the red 355 but didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. I didn't see the blue 355 (I got there late), but if it had Carbon Fiber seats, then it was my friend Scott. I met him at the show last year and he's a really nice guy!

16. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Scott has a 355B, the 355 Spyder belongs to Jim R. The red 355 is most likely Mitch's. I don't know of another red 355 in the area, but I could be wrong.

17. Carzzi

Carzzi Rookie

Sep 15, 2004
    Does the owner post here? "78 GTB" was what the plates read, I think.

18. alexWS6

alexWS6 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    TX
    #68 alexWS6, Sep 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That's Luke's '02 Euro 360 6speed.

As for the GTB, darnit, I know it... and I cannot picture/place it at the moment!

20. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Thats definately the same 360 i saw at uno's i got some video too. When i get some time i'll upload it to my server.

21. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I saw a red 550/575 on RR620 & Hudson Bend near Lake Travis Saturday afternoon.

22. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

I saw your car that was kissed in the rear, at FoH. Please do not mind the fingerprints.

Nice looking car.

23. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Thanks! How's the progress coming on my car? I can't wait to pick it up and see it. Did they have the front spoiler and rockers painted red when you saw it?

I probably have the only Ferrari that has been bumped by a Jet Ski. I did that in my garage while moving cars around to get out the Jet Ski and take it to the lake one day.

24. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

I did not see the front. Most admirers of the TR, tend to look at the beautiful A**.

I feel for you about the Jet Ski accident. About three years ago, I dropped my X-748 Ducati at 3AM in the garage. Don't move your motorcycle when you are tired. OUch.

25. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    khayes - the right rear, correct? same TR that was up at Moorespeed? I believe you were at the last tech session, but I'm not sure if we met.