AUS - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 4 | FerrariChat

AUS Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ragtop, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Thats Tony's car, he lives in lake travis, he's really nice too i've driven in that car before. 2 a.m. stop for food in a 550 gets some weird looks from people for some reason lol.

2. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    You are correct, that was me at Moorespeed with the red TR up on his wrack. FoH is repairing the right rear and while they have the car I'm having the rockers and the front spoiler painted red to match the car instead of being black. When I get it back to Austin Moorespeed is going to put new tires on some new wheels for me.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Ahhh! yes, while it looked like a dimple in the rear, it seemed to be a bit more involved since it was part of the entire rear quarter panel.

Good to hear about the tires too. A big *whew* over here. I believe Kinesis & HRE can make wheels with the single spline hubs if you are looking to upgrade. Not cheap though.

4. techmogul

techmogul Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    TX/ME
    Full Name:
    SCF
    Kelly,
    If your TR was just at Moorespeed, it may have crossed paths with mine. Just finished spending five grand to get a slow down light to turn off. Other than that, I did enjoy my time with Dave. He was fun to dig around the engine compartment with.

Sean

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I've seen your car around town but I don't recall seeing it at Moorespeed while I was there. You are right about Dave, he has been one of the better components of Ferrari ownership for me. I sought him out before I committed to purchase a Ferrari and try to own in in Austin. I found him on this Web site.

6. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I was at 6th and Lamar today near Whole Foods and noticed that the used car lot across the street from them now has three Ferraris for sale. They have the red 348 that they rent plus they now have a yellow 348 Spyder and a black 308. Has anyone looked at those cars yet? I didn't have time to stop. Just curious.

7. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    haven't seen the yellow 348 and 308 but i pass by there occasionally and i'll check that out. thanks for letting us know.

8. 3DMotorsports

3DMotorsports Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    Actually, we split from the old owner of Team Motorsport, and the lot is divided up by the row of old Mercedes SLs. (We are 3-D Motorsports and Sweet Rides, having now condensed into the Sweet Rides building). The Ferraris that the guys have next door are crap. The black 308GTS is one that he, (the owner), sold a couple of years ago, and several others belong to one of his friends. They are not in good mechanical condition. We don't sell cars anymore, so I'm just being honest. The owner over there has a history of having low-quality F-cars.

9. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    im going to austin this weekend for buisness and i always pass it but never go to any of the dealerships there or anything, what dealerships do yall have up there, if you can please post the website thanxs

10. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    I saw 6 ferraris today. 5 at 3d motorsports on lamar. i passed by really quickly but i know i saw 2 mondials and 2 348s and one other one i couldn't really see, but i did see the ferrar logo on the front. Then later i saw a red 355 spider at davenport village parked with the top down.

11. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    i saw another ferrari today passing by davenport village at around 2 pm. it was a red 328. then i saw an aston martin vanquish.

12. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Red 360 at the Bluebonnet cafe in Marble Falls.

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Red 612 in the shopping center at 2244 & 360 (across the street from where I work). Who's got that bad boy?

14. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Is that what it was? I was driving at around 10pm on toro canyon road two nights ago, and saw something fly past me in the other lane that looked like a 612, but i didn't know if anyone around here had one. Then again, thats Michael Dell's street, but i don't think he has one.

15. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Thanksgiving day. I took the TR for a spin around Lake Travis to dry it off from a good washing and came across a black 360 Spyder near the Oasis. What a glorious sound, two Ferrari's accelerating from zero to ??? in opposite directions. Mine sounded better of course...

16. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Must have been nice. :) It was a beautiful day that day.

17. techmogul

techmogul Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    TX/ME
    Full Name:
    SCF
    ....That probably didn't notice the black Range Rover in front of him as he turned into Davenport Village had Ferrari license plate holders.

Impressive burst of speed & sound just prior to the 360 bridge!

18. techmogul

techmogul Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    TX/ME
    Full Name:
    SCF
    Looked great in the twilight!

19. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Red 348 on 620 at an Anderson Mill at noon yesterday. That is the first 348 that I have seen in Austin in quite a while.

20. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    "Daaeem" :) Red 355 w/rear challenge grill on Anderson Mill on my way back from the lake.

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Saw (possibly the same) Red F355 F1 with rear challenge grill parked around Hang Town & other venues today around noontime.

Also, around 3pm, a red 360 spyder at the Barton Creek Hotel.

22. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    Hey everyone, I'm new here :D

I live in Barton Creek, on the Foothills Course, I've seen many 360's,355's and a 456 at the Country Club. There's a red 355 Spider(I believe it's a spider not 100% though), a Red 575M F1 (Saw it againt today, gorgeous) at St. Andrews. Also, after visiting autostrada a few months ago (my dad was test-driving an esprit), a man there had mentioned a Enzo here in austin...Haven't seen it, but if it were for real, that'd be pretty darn awesome. I believe he had said yellow...Oh, and there was also a red testarossa in the service department, and last weekend in seattle i saw a red F50 and a bazillion other nice F's and some maser's (my dad is buying a GS hopefully)...i suppose that part isn't austin though.

23. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Welcome! If you'd like to be made regularly aware of all the Ferrari events in Austin, drop me a PM, with your email address, and I will put you on my "list".

FYI, we have an informal breakfast this Saturday morning at 9 at LaMadeline, Loop 360 & Bee Caves...right near where you live. Afterwards, weather permitting, some folks may take a nice hill country drive.

-Dave

24. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Tuesday, Dec 15th saw a yellow Testarossa driving on Brodie. Havn't seen this car around my part of town.... Very nice.

25. 99355F1

99355F1 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    CG
    Cool...but I might've forgot to mention...I'm 14 LOL,but have excessive love for cars and ferraris and maseratis in particular. And right now, my dad (who normally loves to go to these type of things) is in absence of a sports car. He just sold his old Jaguar XKR Arden Lightweight (starting to not run much at all...reliability was a big issue) to buy a Porsche Cayenne BiTurbo. He bought the Cayenne because he needed to replace his Jag immediately, and there was nothing on the market he liked. Now, he's looking at buying a Maserati GranSport, or a Panoz Esperante GT-LM and my mother will recieve the cayenne. But, nevertheless, he wouldn't have a sportscar to bring.

Oh, and by the way, trust me, I've been trying to get him to get a Ferrari...but no luck :( They are a little out of his car-budget and he can't drive one to roundrock every day :(.

Yeah, LaMadeline is right near my house. Thanks for letting me know about this meet. You all planning to drive through BC? I wouldn't mind seeing some nice ferraris and what not saturday morning :D lol.

I just realized that my screenname my be confusing lol, it wasn't meant as '99 355F1, it's 99-3-55 which for somereason is a number i use a lot, idk why. And F1...I really like F1 racing :)