Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by MarkPDX, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Saw this Bentley cruising near Dominion this evening:

(it was much less blurry in real life :D)

2. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    does anybody know how many lamborghini's are out in san antonio, or how many have you seen. I've only seen 2, someone in my block has one and i saw one at the intersection of 281-1604

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    San Antonio is bigger than Dallas by population? Maybe Dallas proper, but the DFW Metro area has over 5MM people. It may not be 1 city, but drive from East Mesquite to West Fort Worth sometime, tell me if you think you ever left the city. You might also look at the demographics of the population.

4. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    There was nothing i said that was false. SAN ANTONIO IS BIGGER THAN DALLAS......POPULATION WISE....NOT THE OUTSIDE OF DALLAS...BUT DALLAS ITSELF. Look at www.skyscrapers.com that will show you San Antonio is number 8 and Dallas is number 9.Of course San Antonio is nothing compared to the size of Dallas's metro area with all of the little towns in between and plus Fort Worth......

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I guess my point is that with the larger population we have in the metro area, it only makes sense that we see more Ferrari's.

6. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
  7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Dropped by the local dealer today. Everything in the boutique is still 40% off so I got a shirt for a rather reasonable price :)

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sweet...!

That white 348 looks awesome... That 360 is just BEGGING to be taken out... Is that a 550 Barchetta i see in the background...?

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Carbon, that 550B has been there for a while. It was there when we were in SA for the FCA Regional event last April. I think it's being 'stored' for a customer.

10. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Does Barret Motor Cars only sell Ferrari, Jaguar, and Maserati (do they have a few maseratis)???????

11. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    I'm new to San Antonio

12. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think I see it too....why no pics of that!?

13. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Didn't think it worth the bother, once you have seen one you have seen em' all...:D

Since you were whining for me to read all the VINs off to you I thought you might find this interesting.

14. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    doesnt it suck that san antonio doesnt have nothing else really than the Ferrari/Jaguar/Maserati dealership. I think the only way San Antonio might get other dealerships such as Aston martin, lamborghini, or other exotic makes is probably by Charles Barrett expanding

ive been searching for anything around san antonio that provides this, but since im still new here who knows of anything happening in the future of another company coming here

15. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Wish I knew you were there -
    my car got delivered to them friday and is in the back for an post lowering alignment with a 512bbi (for sale). Hopefully will pick up this week.
    Anyone up for a taco?

16. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I've been down here working for about two months now, and no F-car spotting. I did see an Esprit identical to mine at the Quarry, though.

By the way, there is Hovey Motors that had a ton of the Qvale Mangusta's. They are apparently a Shelby dealer, too.

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    They have an interesting mix of cars. I vaguely looked at the Mangusta a few months ago before deciding that it was more than I wanted to spend, completely impractical and somewhat odd looking.

RT - Give me a call if you want to get together sometime, I will PM you my number.

18. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    the 550 Barrachetta has been there for well over 3 years.... when it first got there it had a red SOLD sticker on it, then it sat, and sat, and sat then the dealership moved and it had less then 1/10 of a mile put on it and has sat some more...

however it is a very neat thing to see in SA, as there are only 349 of them right??

19. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    also

about a week ago i saw a Rolls Royce, the model before the Phantom.... was on olmos drive and is probbably red mcombs...

also further down on olmos about a month ago i saw a brand new GT2, still had paper plates

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    went to visit my aunts house in the dominion, there were a couple of maseratis, i think i saw like 4 ferraris that i saw, saw david robinsons old SL500 leaving. On the way there was a couple of Porsche's, and a Bentley also..........sorry it was at night and plus didnt even have my camera.....planning on going later on again, its seems like im using her just to see her neighborhood

21. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Red/Tan F1 360 Modena on Houston St. by the Palm. Also saw a 996 Turbo Cab.

22. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Mark or SethMac, do yall know where yall usually see any exotics around san antonio, i know of some few places like the dominion or the quarry, but wheres a spot yall usually see them, my neighborhood has a few

23. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    those places also bitters road right by 281. if you wait long enough you could see a Vanquish, 360 spider, or SL55 amg(all owned by same person) also lots of older porsches around there also in hill country village there are some but the area is too spread out and you cant see many houses...

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Stopped by F of SA to get some shield stickers for the rental car I will be driving around Monterey and they happened to have a 360 CS (red w/ stripe) just off the truck and being prepped for delivery. They let me take a quick look, it was very nice.

25. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    no way! with a stripe? then thats 2 360 CS in SA for sure... would they tell you how many there getting?