DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 12 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  2. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Park Place has a dark silver 456GT on their used lot now. Its a pretty handsome vehicle.

Not a Ferrari, but I saw a dark blue Hyundai Tiberon with Scuderia shields on the fenders thie afternoon too.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Bet I'm one of the few in Dallas that drove their Ferrari today. Dang unreliable BMW stalled out and wouldn't start in the rain yesterday. Glad I have a reliable Ferrari for back-up.

4. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No ****!?

Re: Daytona.

A legendary car, but I never liked the styling. It was a major part of the break away from the innovative Ferrari beginnings of the 50's and the peak of styling excellence in the 60's, and a direct precursor of the razor edged mediocrity of the 70's and 80's. The Dino was the only good looking rear engine Ferrari produced, and today's Ferrari is barely identifiable as such-about as distinctive as a new Corvette.

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, I did see a yellow viper coupe in Lewisville today. Guess their BMW died too :D

I took the truck to work today because the 328 has the interior out if it right now. Good thing I took the truck, because when I got home this was in the parking space:

6. newton

newton Rookie

May 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I little off-topic, but does anybody know if the black Gallardo was sold at the Mercedes dealer in Sugar Land?

7. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Last night, a yellow mondial cab driving down Lovers @ skillman. Hoo-ah!

8. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

i've seen that yellow mondial cab a couple times in that same area so must live right around there. no idea who it is though.

9. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    I have one question about these - who is going to trust their taurus dealer to service this thing?

10. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
    Red 355 traveling South on Hillcrest at Forest yesterday afternoon.

11. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Two yellow Gallardos yesterday. One at Biernat's on Oak Lawn during lunch and another at Mi Piaci in Addison last night.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was stuck on 114 for 40 minutes this morning after I lost the A/C belt and that took out the Water Pump belt.

This is a reminder to watch those gauges!!! I'm very religious about watching the gauges, every 20-30 seconds I'm glancing over water, oil pressure, and oil temp. Car was running perfect, nothing to indicate something was wrong, but in a matter of a mile I just watched the water temp go from normal upwards. I pulled over immediately, if I would have waited until water was overflowing out it may have been a $10k+ bill! Just accessory belts are cheap.

Thanks to James from Norwood Performance yet again. These guys are amazing, I don't know how many times they've saved me. Just a month ago James drove up to help Jim out so he could do the Poker Run. James was at my car in Grapevine within 30 minutes and then had the tow on the way.

13. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Rob,

I'm glad you and the car are okay. I also agree with you on Norwood's. James, Mike and the "guys" really care about you and your car. I have had to call James or Mike several times to "bail me out" and they have always been there.

Nick

14. enecks

enecks Karting

May 28, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I realize this is a little ex post facto, but I'm pretty sure I saw a yellow Enzo on the North Dallas Tollway in December or January. I was unfortunately on the north-bound side as the Enzo was traveling south. Anybody know of a yellow Enzo 'round these parts? Or was I hallucinating?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Very good chance you did. Only local Enzos I know are red. There was a yellow F50 around these parts for awhile though.

16. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    There is indeed a yellow Enzo in town. Lives in Plano, obviously a good client of FMoD.

17. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

red testarossa north on tollway at keller springs. saw it out the window of my office. pleasant surprise.

18. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Nice looking/sounding red Pantera on Turtle Creek this afternoon at lunch.

19. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    That was me, Phil, digman52 . Hillcrest is a nice 40-50mph cruise.

20. 4Webers

4Webers Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Nice red 328 at MSR today. Did a few laps then apparently left though, so I didn't get to see if it was an FChatter or not.

21. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I thought about going out there today but had too much work to do at the house, also I've got to be at TMS in the morning.

22. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    04 360 CS @ TMS! Sweet....:D

23. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

wife just called to say yellow 348 spyder behind new Herrara's Mexican at Beltline/75..used to be Juan's Mexican Cantina.

Got her trained well!

24. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Too funny! My oldest son calls me every few weeks to tell me about whatever Ferrari he just saw. The scary part is, he can tell them all apart. He even knows the difference between a 550 and a 575.

25. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Red Stradale at Mockingbird and McMillan around 7:15 tonight.