DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 5 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Not sure really, but if I had to guess I would say it was Berlinetta. Or was your top on and body color? I saw the car from the back so hard to say. It did have a body color rear grill...no black challenge grill.

Either way...I love that color though.

2. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    i saw a red enzo with some type of decals in my neighborhood on sunday. anyone know anything about it.
    decals???
    nice weather here in rockwall.

3. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Top was on, but it is black in color. Body color rear grill is correct. I still have a temporary dealer tag in the back window instead of a real license plate. Not sure if you noticed this or not.

I have been getting lots of compliments about the color in the 2 or 3 weeks or so I have had the car. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular when the car came out. Maybe its just now coming into fashion. :)

4. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Was that a spyder?

5. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

nope the one I saw was a regular 360...just a boring ole 360....

6. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Yep. just a regular 'ol black 360.

7. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

silver/black 360 spider at lunch on tollway access road at Frankford.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Silver 550/575 (chrome 5 spoke wheels) at tollway access road and Frankford too. 11:15am.

40+ Ferraris at FMoD. :)

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Not a ferrari but still nice to see one. Went by to see Mr Dunne at Audi store when low behold there is a black Lamborghini VT with HRE wheels. The car is for sale but didn't to bother what the asking price is.

10. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Went by Lambo of Dallas to visit Jonathan Peck over lunch. Took some kids my wife taught (the ones I took to Carson's that one time). Anyway, got a tour and sat in a yellow Diablo 6.0. Quite a few F cars there as well as many Lambos. Very fun. Thanks Jonathan!

11. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ...but, a friend of mine told me he saw "what he thought" and is 95% sure is a SILVER FERRARI ENZO not too long ago on the road in North Dallas. Is there one in town? I know of 2 DIFFERENT RED Enzos in Big D, but not a silver one. Does anyone know anything about or seen this car??

12. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Headed east from Childress, saw a open car carrier with 3 cars... the first was a classic (63?) Corvette, the second a red Testarossa. I have no idea the third as the TR had caught my eye. A new owner of a TR in DFW, perhaps?

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Not a ferrari, but I saw a black XKE convertible on 183 westbound just outside of downtown Ft. Worth yesterday afternoon.

I also found out I fit just fine in a 246 Dino GT. <homer> mmmmm, dino </homer>

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Stopped by the Midway Fox and Hound for a beer last night, there was a yellow 348TS parked right our front. Since I was in my car, I pulled in right behind him.

I also found out Tillman fits in a 246GT.

15. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Also not Ferrari related, but saw Silver/reddish tan Carrera GT in the Park Place showroom! This may be old news...

I missed it at the Dallas Auto Show, so nice to finally see one! Had the top on, which is not good IMO. Yellow calipers! Dealership was closed though...

16. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you serious!?!?! I'm gonna pay a visit tomorrow. It better be there then!!

17. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Since I assume the GT is spoken for already, it probably won't be there long...but it's certainly good PR for the dealership! There were 2 guys already standing at the window when I went by, this is after dark too...

18. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

white 512 Boxer at campbell/coit. Looked okay in person, but pics I took looks like it may be fake. NOt sure. will post pics when I get them off camera.

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I saw a silver 360 coupe over by the Lantana area on 407 today. It was headed the other way (and moving on!) so I didn't see any details.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jennie and I were running today about 5pm and DJ Quigley had a Rossa 360 and was parked and talking with Jamie with the black TR. Met Jamie for the first time last Saturday at the show, he came with his son. Today was the first time I've met DJ, although I've seen his cars at Norwoods a bunch. Both live about a block from Jennie and I.

21. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

who is DJ Quigly?

Here is a pic of what I thought was a 512BB. Looked good from straight behind, but my mom took the pics and the side views look all wrong to me. looks like a fiero or something.

22. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

yep, a fake. look at a real 512 next to this one. Ashamed I didn't notice in person right away!!!

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Imagine how ashamed the driver must be :D

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    He deals exotic cars from his house here in Southlake. A few of our local members have cars from him.

25. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'm ashamed of you too...