Ferrari and FIA engine settlement | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari and FIA engine settlement

Discussion in 'F1' started by A348W, Mar 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

No doubt - but he always got the job done.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148621/ferrari-rivals-just-want-level-playing-field

Max Verstappen says Ferrari's Formula 1 rivals just want a "level playing field", as the controversy over the FIA's secret settlement with the Italian team continues.

Seven of F1's teams recently issued a joint statement expressing their unhappiness at the way motor racing's governing body reached a private agreement with Ferrari amid suspicions over the legality of its engines.

The teams, which also wrote a follow-up letter with key questions they wanted answered, feel that matters should have been handled differently and want full disclosure of the details about the arrangement.

Verstappen was famously outspoken about the Ferrari matter last year, using the word "cheat" in comments made after the United States Grand Prix that prompted an angry response from Ferrari.

But speaking about the situation on the eve of the season opening Australian Grand Prix, the Dutchman said that the teams' push for answers was purely because they wanted to ensure that all competitors were treated equally.

Asked for his response to what was going on, Verstappen said: "Well, I leave that up to the teams.

"I think for everyone it's important of course to have a level playing field.

"So that's what we all want and that's all I can say about it."

3. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin