Ferrari Barn find today | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Barn find today

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Chelle, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Tom. I have a few sources that you can check for 308's. Mostly that need Cosmetic "TLC", not mechanical. Though you should have any car go through a PPI, first, before buying it. If I think of any more, I'll send you some E-Mail addresses via P/M when I get a chance. But here's a great start! Good Luck!...

But here are a few that you can check out. Call them on the phone, too, as they may not have updated their sites.

www.italianauto.com He usually has decent cars that just need some Body repairs. But he aslo has some really nice cars, too.

www.forzamotorsports.com

www.canillomotorsports.com

www.ferraribuy.com

www.ebaymotors.com

www.hemmings.com

www.specializeditalianrecycling.com New, Used, Rebuilt, and Repairable cars and Parts to fix yours.

www.kimmotors.com They have had an '81 Red/Tan 308GTSi, (Exactly like my car) with 24K Miles For Sale that had a light engine Fire. But other than that, it looks to be a nice, clean car. They have been asking $18K for it, but have had it for a very long time. It looks to me like just the Plastic and Rubber parts burned on the Motor and would be an easy fix. And Repair or Replace the rear deck lid. All are inexpensive if you do it yourself.

Make them an offer. Then, get 308 "Shop" and "Parts" Manuals which are easily available. Buy all of the Hoses and stuff that you need. Put it back together yourself. BUT....before you even try to start it. Take it to a Ferrari mechanic to look it over first, and start it.

If you aren't interested in fixing it yourself. A competent mechanic can probably do it for not a whole heck of alot of $$.

2. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    That's a nice collection of some classics he has there!

3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    What about the Maserati Biturbo that you had mentioned? I never heard anything about that....please let me know if it is still available.

4. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave

Erik, I just found this thread.
    Do you remember the young long haired sales rep from Performance Products that used to sell International all the performance stuff? Drove a Triumph GT6 and a black VW GTI with gold BBS wheels.
    Sheesh that was a long time ago. I used to call on you guys then drive up the street a ways and hang out at Rick Mancuso's place. From there I'd stop by Carl Haas' joint to pick up parts for a Lola T204 I had that I was always wrecking.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    hi,

I am a closet british car collector...if someone could contact me about the MGB's, the GT6 and the TR6 it would greatly be appreicated. I am more interested in the MGs... but i have always loved the GT6 with that tilt front end. All of the ones for sale near me are absolute RATS with holes so large in the floor you could drop a basketball through them... but the outside looks flawless! i will not go near the car.