Ferrari BR20 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari BR20

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ale75, Nov 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    And if there was a survey the GTS should be included with the SF. Given the production numbers of the f12 over the 812 it may skew higher towards the f12…we all tend to have a bias to what we own/drive ;)

2. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Before I bought my 812 I spent a fair amount of time studying both the F12 and 812 in my dealer's showroom. The F12 is more immediately pretty and the 812 looks much more masculine, aggressive and exotic. The more I looked at both the less I liked the F12 and the 812 as a whole design is much more appealing.
    We saw both the SF90 and 296 at Fiorano sat next to all the other new Ferraris and we both preferred these two. The SF90 looked the most aggressive and the 296 by far the prettier design imo

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Well it's completely opposite for me on all your thoughts :D

100% disagree:

F12 much better than 812, SF90 and 296 GTB worst designs among the latest, with the 296 holding record for worst in decades.

And I'm not just bashing every new design, I loved Roma, Porto is OK, Lusso is great, Monza SP is fantastic, 812 comp. I liked...

4. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Its good to like different things otherwise we'd all be driving around in the same car as well as in the same colour. In terms of the Roma, really not fussed on it either from driving enjoyment and design, prefer the Portofino M in all respects. The Roma just doesn't look like a Ferrari to me whilst everyone recognises an 812 as a Ferrari even if they are not car people.
    The 296 is an unashamed modern interpretation of the 250LM from a design pov which seems to totally polarises people, which is fine. People either love it or hate it with no middle ground.
    Still think the 812(both SF and GTS) are Ferrari at their best and it'll be downhill from now on. All IMHO ;)

430jm and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

The Portofino is a failed and tasteless design, while the classicism of the Roma is fluid to the eye and will pass the years like a fine wine.
    A Ferrari doesn't have to be cartoonishly aggressive to be a good looking car. It doesn't have to be holes all over the place.
    If you look at history, the finest Ferrari designs are sleek and curvy, not angular and square like a Lambo.
    And if you like the Monza, like many, it's almost a paradox not to like Roma, because the same designer created both cars :).

ryalex, 9nb, rossodino and 4 others like this.
  6. teedeezy

teedeezy Rookie

Jun 10, 2021
    Agreed 100%. Would be nice to see a little more grace in the community in my opinion. I am on the fence with this one. Mostly bc I love classic utilitarian Ferrari style and I feel like that’s soon to be a thing of the past. And, you can see that progression clearly with this model and the Roma.

I love my FF and I’m on the fence on the Lusso just because it does feel a little over done. For me, the FF walks a really solid line between practicality and classic Italian design. And, there’s just nothing like a Ferrari V12. I know for others they feel like it’s big, heavy, and doesn’t drive like a “real” Ferrari. But also, living in North America, I’m not putting it up in the garage for the next 5 months. It’s a true daily and I don’t know that there will ever be another car like it. So, I’m fine if others want to mock the design. At the end of the day they don’t have to drive it lol (unfortunately for them bc it’s an amazing machine).

All that being said, I can guarantee you that anyone who owns this car or any other Ferrari is going to have the kind of unique, privileged experience and enjoyment you get from being fortunate enough to drive one. And, that’s really what it’s all about. It’s not my prerogative to tell you that the right or wrong thing. Or, that you’re not getting a true or valuable experience.

7. GTuned

GTuned Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2019
    I know there are some recent(ish) historical ties, but these profiles almost immediately came to mind when I saw it. It's almost like an evolved, modern interpretation with a touch of Italian design.. not sure I'm sold, but cars almost always look better in person.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Vermilion.Automobili likes this.
  8. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I could not agree more. Post Pininfarina Ferraris look aggressive and over-designed. Not my cup of espresso.

marko.urbac likes this.
  9. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yuk!

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014