Ferrari California 2009 replace front spoiler | FerrariChat

Ferrari California 2009 replace front spoiler

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Keegs, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keegan drage
    Hi, I’m new to this site as just purchased a California, my first Ferrari.

I’m trying to replace the front spoiler as I have a carbon replacement, however I can’t work out how to get to the bolts to remove the standard one, any advice appreciated.

Hopefully posted in the right forum!

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Remove the entire front bumper cover/nose of the car. Unbolt the spoiler from the bumper cover. Bolt new spoiler to cover. Reinstall front bumper cover/nose.

brian.s likes this.
  3. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keegan drage
    thanks Motob. Used to pulling apart an Aston Martin so all new to me and cant lay my hands on a workshop manual anywhere. I've googled this and it seems it might be straight forward, wheel arch liners off, some bolts and then gently lower the nose, or am I being to hopeful?

4. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    I don't have access to a California manual anymore. You might try to find one, they will only be on DVD and very expensive. Both front inner fender panels come off, engine compartment trim panels come off. Then there are fasteners and clips that hold the bumper cover on. Harnesses for front parking sensors, side and front camera (if installed) and headlight washer hoses must be disconnected. It is not very difficult, but having another person help you with final removal and initial installation to avoid paint damage is a good idea. I cover the edges of the body and spoiler with wide masking tape to help prevent damage.

5. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keegan drage
    Motob, your a star. about an hour and a half to swap out the spoiler for carbon genuine part and back on. It's exactly as you said, wheel liners off, 5 bolts, under tray bolts about another 10, three bolts either side top side of wheel wheel arch connecting the front bumper, front engine trim panel, about 6 bolts connecting bumper to slam panel and off. No wheels needed to be taken off.

next steps I am replacing the rear diffuser, I can get to most bolts underneath but fiddly, cheekily I don't suppose you can advise if again its a rear bumper off job making it easier than trying to fiddle around underneath? thanks