Ferrari California Shock Absorbers | FerrariChat

Ferrari California Shock Absorbers

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomov69, Feb 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomov69

tomov69 Rookie

Dec 27, 2013
    Hello,

We have in our shop a 2009 Ferrari California and we have changed the front and rear suspension shock absorbers. We have manage to see that on the dashboard appears a error indicating a problem with the shock absorbers.

After this we have manage to see that there is two types of shock absorbers.
    First one (the one we have installed) don`t have a small wire with plug on the upper end of the shocker.
    The other type of shockers have this plug with wire.

Does someone of you guys have any idea how can I cheat this thing not to appear as an error on the dashboard. Because in other way I should buy another pair of shockers for it that cost a fortune..

Any advice will be in help for me!

Thanks in advance!

2. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Unfortunately it seems as bough you are going to have to replace the shocks with shocks that have the appropriate electrical connection. If the car is equipped with magneride the function will not work and will throw an error code at best. At worst circumventing the associated error light could cause more damage. If you are try to lower the vehicle research kits that will work properly with the equipment the car has present.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You cannot just swap out the original MagneRide shocks with some other type of shocks without special reprogramming and even if you (finally) get it done correctly, you will just end up ruining the resale value of your car.

Modern Ferraris are not good candidates for DIY modifications because you need special equipment and ability to reprogram the software (ECU) settings. If there were no issues with the original shocks I suggest you replace them and then go to school on learning about the car before you do some other ill-advised modification to it.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  4. tomov69

tomov69 Rookie

Dec 27, 2013
    Hello,

Thank both of you! I will listen to your advice!

4th_gear likes this.