Ferrari Car seats | FerrariChat

Ferrari Car seats

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 360girliegirl, May 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360girliegirl

360girliegirl Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, AL
    Full Name:
    Jennifer Burnett
    Hey everyone! I haven't been online in a few YEARS but had a Ferrari question. We are having a baby girl in July and was wondering if anyone knew where to find an infant car seat/stroller. We have found the booster seat and have it but wanted to check and see if there is a Ferrari infant seat anywhere. We aren't having much luck finding one without a little help. Thanks!

2. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    The only one I know of is sold through Ferrari, but unfortunately it's not approved by the DOT for use in the United States. I don't know about you but I would be nervous to put my kid in a nonapproved car seat. Otherwise, it does look pretty cool.

3. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #3 swilliams, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    I think we got ours at Ferrari store and they were running free shipping( which saves lots of $$$ coming from the other side of the pond).

www.ferraristore.com

But they don't have the carrying handle and the hood thing.

I just asked and Bridgett said they were sold out for a few months and then they came in so just keep watching the site, they will get them back in stock.

4. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Someone was selling them and other Ferrari gear at Rutland's picnic last year but for the life of me I can't remember who.... sorry!

5. Lumberman

Lumberman Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will
    I don't think this is for an infant, but your future Danica Patrick will grow into it for sure. www.ferrarimodello.com I picked one up from these guys.

6. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    #6 robert biscan, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
    I'll bet that they are not DOT approved because they didn't test them. The expense must be a ton for an item that is not sold in the thousands. I would also be cautious.
    However, they do meet current European standards and they do look good.

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I would skip over the "neat" factor and get a VERY good car seat, like a Britax. You don't ever want to skimp or risk knowing if a seat is DOT legal or not. Get a good one and put a Ferrari sticker or a patch on it.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  9. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    +1. I've got two Recaros in our two baby-mobile SUVs and absolutely love it. Hell, I wish they made one I could sit in. :D

10. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    You should check and see if its DOT..,,if not dont use it.