Ferrari Challenge North America - VIR | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge North America - VIR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Booker, Mar 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Motorsports.tv app on AppleTv has all the replays. I watched the Saturday races until the weather delay...so tonight I will watch the rest. I love following this series. As a track guy I can relate to the cars and drivers. The series looks like so much fun with classy events, good drivers and I love the 488.

I know I could go through the Ferrari school and do this... only 1 thing hold me back... Im not even close to affording this. lol... so I enjoy my 488, a few track events, instructing... blessed to be able to do that.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good to hear you enjoyed it, Motorsports our parent company.

mdrums likes this.
  5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Oh yes most definitely.... I am a huge fan of the series... have been for years...I truly enjoy watching the races, the cars and learning about the drivers. Very cool stuff.

rob lay likes this.
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I use to like watching them as F1 support races in the 360 and 430, epic crashes and driver mistakes! :)

mdrums and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Except for Steve Earle. If only, he had started younger...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

StregaP likes this.
  8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he was good enough to go play with the big boys in Europe. he has still raced there fairly recently.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    He was more than good enough. But if you don’t start in karts when you’re 8 years old, you’ll never make it to the big show.

What ever happened to your buddy from Austin? He was tearing it up for a while, but his name escapes me. He did dirt work for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I haven't heard from Mark in awhile. I just checked, he logged in 45 minutes ago, so still around!

Yes, Mark came up through the club racing ranks with me and then head to head in the 355 Challenge. He went on to win a couple Ferrari North America championships.

Another one was Onofrio Triarsi Junior, I just talked to him a couple weeks ago. We went head to head in the Challenge Club Racing 355 division. Onofrio was faster than me, but all I had to do was show up at the last race in Daytona to win the Championship. John changed the date and I had a hunting trip conflict not able to go and Onofrio won the watch. He went on to win a few Ferrari North America championships too. He is now running some of the family dealerships and just came on as a sponsor.

Most of the guys in Ferrari Challenge were older gentleman drivers that had never raced before. Get someone like Mark who battled it out with Miata's or someone young like Onofrio, then they cleaned up. Running Challenge Club Racing mostly reminded me of SCCA rookie school no one with experience. Heck, at VIR it rained a little bit and they cancelled the session! :D

11. StregaP

StregaP Karting

Feb 21, 2011
    Buon giorno! Italian GT championship this year in Endurance with David Perel(Pro-Am) and sprint in AM with Rick Lovat...tested new to me 2021 488 GT3 evo at Monza end of March and was 2 seconds faster than my pole time in 2019 on same tires!!! Car is FAST!! IlDottore

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Congrats Doctor, I love you are still hitting it that hard! I could only stomach racing for 10 years. :D