Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli video game | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli video game

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tonyh, Apr 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    #76 BwanaJoe, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    Well, just picked mine up today and I have to say so far I am not impressed with it. The 430 and 599 understeer very badly. (Logitch Driving Force GT, Playseat) The TC, ABS, TS settings just plain stink. There seems to be no car setup at all. All the tracks look like you are racing on an airport circuit. (65" HDTV) On the plus side the ability to customize the paint schemes is awesome. I just with they'd put as much effort into the racing mechanics. Glad Gamestop will let you take a game back within 7 days because I doubt I'll be keeping this one.

YMMV.

2. ferrari_guy

ferrari_guy Rookie

Aug 27, 2008
    Markham, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jaz
    Anyone know when the game releases in Canada(Toronto), im so upset, I've been searching for the game for the past two days and been to nearly every single store. Anyone Help Me Please !!!

3. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    I'm pretty bummed that I can't dive straight into F40's and F50's

4. yogibear

yogibear Karting

Sep 13, 2006
    #79 yogibear, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    phh ha ha...i was doing the same thing for the last 2 days.....i've been to futureshops, eb games, bestbuy....no could tell me when they are getting it...weird.
    It's not even in the "coming soon" section. nowhere in markham + scarborough....

5. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I have the grid demo, and I feel like the game play and graphics are similar. It's no gran turismo but I still enjoy playing it.

6. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    So I picked my copy up from GameStop on the way to taking the kids to see Wall-E. Now I have to go grocery shopping and laundry before getting a chance to pop it in the PS2.

Will this torture never end?

On a side note, I did recieve my plate frames from F of Denver today too. Thanks guys if you're reading this!

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wall-E is still in theaters?

8. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    +1 but DAMN this is a kick ass game. It's like forza on steroids but all Ferraris. I'm giving my Xbox a minimum 3 week break. Driving feel is an A+ The only negative is the gear change sound. Too loud, sounds like fireworks.

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Based on what I think your standards are, I imagine you will concur. I still need to play it again though...I just did one race at Monza and that was it. Initial impressions were that the game felt 'dated'-driving physics, graphics & sound.

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Has anyone tried playing online yet? It maybe due to the fact the game is so new & there might be server issue but I cannot seem to stay contacted for very long. I did however get into one game but ended after one lap, I got an important family phone call that I had to deal with.

If anyone wants to start an FChat league, let me know. I'd be more than happy to host some races on a weekend.

11. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Yeah, can you believe it?

12. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    YEAH!

13. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow. Nice username btw ;) I'm a huge Lost fan

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i'll join pls :)

15. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Maybe we can do the same for other games (on xbox?)

16. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Had to update this because I was wrong on the setup point. You CAN change the setup but only in Challenge Mode. Which really stinks because it would be nice to be able to do this is Time Trial Mode to practice on the track. I still find the 430 and 599 "squirley" under braking even on beginner and with ABS to max. Ditto for acceleration and the TCS. And the driving dynamic seems to go to lunch at least once a race. (The car will suddenly lurch for no apparent reason)

As far as the tracks go, my airport comment did not mean flat, but a lack of "depth" if that is the right word. In DiRT and GT5p you get a sense of "speed" so you know you should be braking at a certain point on the track. I don't get that feel with this game.

So far my over-all opinion remains the same. This game is just not as much fun as DiRT, Grid, or GT5p. I'd say wait and get it used.

17. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    After plaing the game more last night, I think you right on as far as the tracks. It's realy hard to get a sense of where you are on the track.

18. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1

19. jonlevel2

jonlevel2 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jon Dubrick
    I just bought it, so I am in on the league. Let me know

20. forza.ferrari

forza.ferrari Rookie

Aug 28, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll check some stores I know for the game and see if I have any luck otherwise we might have to get it from the US or something. I'll go out right now and check.

21. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Yeah I kept thinking I was coming to the start line on this one track so I slowed down (thinking it was the end of the race) and cars passed me and I lost :( I like the ferrari challenge card game! Sometimes it cheats but it's kinda fun, I wish you got some kind of reward for winning though. I have the gamestop edition 599. I'll post the cheat code on here later.

22. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I played the game and won thinking I would get something but it just started over again. Its fun to see all the cars and the stats

23. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I have now unlocked:

348 Challenge
    355 Berlinetta
    550 GTS
    575 GTC
    512 M
    512 S
    F50
    F40

Still need to buy a few of them though.

24. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    IN 1 DAY??? DAMN! Now how do you unlock cars? (excuse me for my noobish question, I've only played the game for an hour)

25. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Geez I go to work and now look how far back I am.

I unlocked the 348 by winning monza so I think you unlock cars by beating races.