Ferrari Challenge | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by roverse3, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roverse3

roverse3 Karting

Nov 21, 2005
    Lombard, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is anyone going to the Ferrari Challenge at Road America tomorrow? Usually I see some sort of schedule online, but the only thing I have seen is the gates open at 7am. Does anyone know where online I can find an schedule for the day or know what time the races start?

2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  3. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
  4. Flubnut

Flubnut Karting

Feb 3, 2009
    Chicago-ish
    Full Name:
    Mr. Flubnut, Esq.
    #4 Flubnut, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So I'm a bit behind posting these pictures, but that's because most of my pictures are crap. Between the cloudy day and an unexpected smudgy-lens issue with my (brand new) camera phone, everything looks hazy. Bummer, because there was a LOT to look at. Plenty of 458s. FNA had an F12, FF and Speciale out for everyone to oogle. A 599GTO showed up. A 333SP did a couple laps. The Challenge cars, of course, were everywhere.

For those who have never been to Road America, it's an awesome track. It's long (about 4 miles), has elevation changes (about 100'), and is filled/surrounded by towering trees. And it's fast. We managed to hit 130 on the main straight, and we were only in the Touring group (no Nomex, no passing, 458 pace car). Another Scud in the Racing group says he hit 160. Apparently, someone in a McLaren P1 hit 183 on the main straight not too long ago.

While it rained most of the drive up and back, it was surprisingly dry the entire time we were up there. Spent plenty of time talking to various FNA and Continental SC people, as well as many of the owners. Everyone was extremely nice, and it was a great afternoon.

There are MUCH better in-car videos of Road America out there, but here is the lap I recorded, in all it's unedited blurry-cam glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_Y0RfPgYQ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    What car were you in? I have pics and vids of cars tracking.
    What a fun track that is! and I have hit 165 in a Scud going into T1.

6. Flubnut

Flubnut Karting

Feb 3, 2009
    Chicago-ish
    Full Name:
    Mr. Flubnut, Esq.
    TDF Blue Scud. Share a few pics if you got 'em. I have a few short vids of one of the Race sessions from the end of the straight, but the concrete barriers get in the way. Next time, I'll set up at Turn 5.

7. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    #7 Heat Seeker WS6, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What a great color TDF is on the Scud & I'm pretty sure this is you, T14 is where I took them