Ferrari Club of America Membership Increase | FerrariChat

Ferrari Club of America Membership Increase

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AClark, Sep 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Just received this email from National Ferrari Club of America ( USA ) :

Dear Member,

The past two years have been a tumultuous time for all of us. We have been frugal and fiscally responsible by continuously monitoring expenses and cutting costs whenever and wherever possible, and we have held or eliminated project spending whenever and wherever possible, even putting some projects on hold. We have gone through each line item in the budget and attempted to find ways to reduce or eliminate expenses and we have successfully reduced many items significantly. However, you can only cut expenses and trim programs so much before it becomes impossible to reduce them further.

In addition to providing adequate funding for various projects we have had to postpone, we need to build a reserve fund which is appropriate for protecting the Club in the event of future unforeseen challenges, such as those we experienced in the past 18 months.

Our last dues increase was just over 4 years ago, and this is only our second increase in 21 years. However, even with our best efforts, we have seen expenses creep up. The Consumer Price Index has increased 11.5% since our last increase, which has eaten up a large portion of the prior $15 increase.

Your Board of Directors has a legal and ethical obligation to act in the best interests of the Club and a dues increase has become necessary to maintain our financial stability. So, to meet the future needs of our Club, member dues will increase by $25 USD effective October 1st.

We understand that there is never a good time for a dues increase. However, we feel that we need this additional funding to continue to provide you with the membership experience that you have become accustomed to, as well as to complete several projects that will further enhance your member experience. We hope that you will stay with us to see these projects through.

Thank you for being a member of the largest Ferrari Authorized Club in the world!

Sincerely,

The Ferrari Club of America Board of Directors

How do you feel about it? I have mixed emotions but am interested in those of you that are members, your feedback

Andy

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    We are fortunate to have an active chapter where I live. However, I begin to question the value of the membership as the price continues to rise. Perhaps if the budget were publicly available I'd think differently. I particularly dislike wrapping a price increase into a COVID excuse.

3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I have been an FCA member for 45 years. In the beginning the Annual event was the primary offering. In the decades since then the offerings and benefits have grown exponentially. Regions began creating Chapters that bring members closer together through local events. Like many clubs the efforts are made by those selflessly giving their time for the betterment of others. Passione is the term.

I maybe biased as I was instrumental in making the FL Region a stronger entity. And for 13 years I organized Cars on 5th in Naples...an amazing show I encourage others to experience. Since then I have found a better successor and have moved on and out of FL. I plan on getting involved again in my new home in NC where we have some of the best driving roads in the country. Have to get settled first. But my passion never waivers wanting to contribute to the club for the benefit of the members.

It's all about what you do with the club. The more you participate the higher the value in return. Owning a $200k car and thinking that a $25 increase in dues is significant seems like incongruous thinking in my mind. The FCA is a bargain on so many levels. Just depends on if you want to take advantage of the many offerings.

my 2

legendd, aseweepay, technom3 and 12 others like this.
  4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Exactly what I'm thinking. They could raise it $250 and it would still be immaterial.

Stand4x and JohnnyTT like this.
  5. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    agree with Steve-it is the cost of five gallons of fuel. irrelevant.

ShineKen, JohnnyTT and Texas Forever like this.
  6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Not everyone that owns a Ferrari paid 6+ figures. I would hope that most people try to ensure they're getting good value for their money, regardless of the actual dollar figure.

EastMemphis and Alex308qv like this.
  7. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As the Treasurer of the Empire State Region I can tell you that the $25 increase was needed in order to continue to fund some of the events the club sponsors. The expenses continue to grow and the membership stays somewhat flat for the overall club.

8. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    LOL

Please tell me what has NOT increased in price of late?

Cheers

technom3, Florida Joe and bball16 like this.
  9. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It’s a great club, and the membership covers or subsidizes lots of fun events, but in my case I only have time for 1-2 regional events a year (which carry sizeable fees themselves).

bball16 likes this.
  10. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Living in Montana doesn’t afford me the luxury of taking advantage or participating in club events. Was curious what an annual membership cost, thinking probably around $1800 yearly? No, about $175 /year. Are you kidding me? Season pass at any of our ski resorts is over $1000 /$1500, good for roughly 5 months. Cost me $120 a week just for dog treats.

SCantera likes this.
  11. Homeboz

Homeboz Karting

Jan 20, 2017
    The New England chapter is pretty active. I’ve enjoyed the various events and meeting some great fellow Fcar owners. I have no problem with the price increase.

bball16 and stretchgeneral like this.
  12. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I am an on again/off again member starting in the late 90s. Currently inactive. My father was an on again/off again member starting in the mid 80s. When I know I can participate in events, I join. When I know I can’t, I don’t. I now this sounds cliche, but you really can’t put a price on quality time. Some of my best memories of my father are the times we were at FCA events. If your chapter is active, and you have time to participate, I recommend joining.

13. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    $25 increase? A bargain. Joining the FCA and meeting all the people that I have met is well worth the dues that I pay. It just so happens to have the benefit of 10% parts and labor at a dealership which is worth FAR more than the cost of the dues.

bball16 likes this.
  14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ferrari Owners complaining about 25 $ ?
    Speechless.

Marcel Massini

legendd, technom3, Sinnerman and 8 others like this.
  15. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Exactly !

16. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    That’s like buying a new Ferrari and asking how many miles per gallon it does! If u can afford the car you not worried about the gas or a $25 dollar increase‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lusso123 likes this.
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree with what said, if you are a Ferrari enthusiast and especially an owner, I don't see a reason why not to have a membership FCA, Cavallino, Forza, FML, or FerrariChat. ;)

That said, the FCA might have a challenge aging well. From a local example all you need is a free app, ability to post your info & garage, social group of niche car interests, and then meets that bring hundreds of cars any weekend. Sponsors want to be involved with that vs. small old school clubs, so the membership doesn't have many costs. Some might say these guys are all show, no go, well actually they put together rallies too that put more miles on their cars in a single weekend than most FCA members do in a year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bball16 likes this.
  18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari owner complaining about the price. Nothing new here..:rolleyes:

bernardo66 likes this.
  19. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I joined for the first time in September of 2020. I didn't get my first local chapter email with events until last month. I've been disappointed so far.

20. Stand4x

Stand4x Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    We have a very active chapter here, with multiple events per month, many of which are at little to no additional cost. Great group of people who are passionate about their cars. Events range from regular gatherings, drives, meals, F1 parties, collection tours, tech sessions, etc. Value far exceeds the cost and as pointed out, the cost can be easily absorbed if you take advantage of the discounts (but I would still belong without the discounts).

Event Calendar - Palm Beach Chapter (fca-pbc.com)

bball16 likes this.
  21. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Ive owned my car for 22 years, and have never really thought about being a member. You can go to any cars and coffee where I live , and its always like a Ferrari meet anyhow. Im not sure how membership would benefit me, I have never looked into it either. Like the other person said, 25 dollars isnt much when you own a 200k Ferrari .

Thank you

22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I’ve been a member since 1976.
    Some yrs were uneventful, others memorable.
    If a $25/yr increase is too much for you then don’t renew. Simple as that.

23. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    We had a (now ex) member complain that the masks we were selling (with profits going to charity) at 20$ expensive. That he was able to get the same ones for about 10$. Oh...and he drove a 458 Italia Spider.

So yes, cheapskates can be found everywhere. :(

jm2 likes this.
  24. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Is Fchat next? Asking for a friend.......

jm2 likes this.
  25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You get the legendary and renowned FCA club magazine "Prancing Horse" which is an outstanding special Ferrari publication since decades. Current issue is #220 and once again editor and fchatter David Williams did an outstanding job.
    Guys, stop complaining, it is really ridiculous.

Marcel Massini