Ferrari confirms new Dino | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari confirms new Dino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by RichardCH, Mar 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006

Actually people are free to like Ferrari for whatever reasons they choose. Last time I checked Enzo didn't much care for people who buy Ferrari road cars anyhow~ he only needed the money.

2. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Of course they are free to! That has nothing to do with the fact that they are self-absorbed posers, whether they admit it or not! ;)

For all of the car clubs and forums I have been a part of, that's what sets FerrariChat and a large number of Ferrari owners apart from the rest. All of the talk of "exclusivity", "VIP this and that", general obsession with the price and value of the cars, "mystique", "lifestyle", "brand", blah blah blah. A lot of Ferrari fans/owners are much more concerned with this kind of stuff than the attributes of the cars themselves. This whole thread is a great example of it; Ferrari is making plans to introduce a great new high performance car, and more than anything else people are worried about the brand image and that too many (4000) might be made. Puh-leeze. You people are hilarious. And you wonder why Ferrari owners are stereotyped the way they are. You're it. :rolleyes:

3. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

Mr. "true car enthusiast",

I like Ferraris partly because they are rare.

I like Ferraris partly because they are exclusive.

Producing more cars per year has already spoiled Ferrari.

I love seeing other Ferraris on the road.

I like Ferraris partly because of their mystique.

I also like Ferraris partly because of their performance, technical innovation, etc...

So you think I (and most people on this board) am a "self-absorbed poseur" and "not a true car enthusiast"?

You really don't understand, and I sincerely feel sorry for you. In the meantime, SubaruImprezachat or Mitsubishichat would undoubtedly give you great opportunities to discuss performance, technical innovation, comfort, handling, racing, etc... with like-minded "true" car enthusiasts who don´t worry about such nonsense as history, exclusivity, mystique, or tradition. What are you doing here??????

Julio

4. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Julio,

Yep, pretty much. You're more interested in the image than the cars themselves. So you're more of a poser than a car enthusiast. Good for you. lol.

I'm glad to see that you care a little bit about performance, etc. Just please don't put words in my mouth; History and tradition are valuable and important. Now go have fun at I'mTryingToImpressOtherPeopleChat and StatusSymbolChat. lol.

- T

5. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
  6. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Tony,

This is where I belong. With the poseurs, as you say.

You, on the other hand, being a "true car enthusiast" (tm) have no earthly reason to be here. So please go and disqualify somebody else on another board, there are plenty of them.

By the way, mystique is nothing but the result of a history and a tradition, and a glorious one in this case. Just please don't put words into my mouth: I don't think image is particularly interesting.

More importantly, the main difference between us is not that I am a poseur and that you are a "true car enthusiast", no. The difference is that I respect and can appreciate many different ways of enjoying Ferraris and cars in general. You cannot, and you have come here to show it. lol!

7. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I know probably you wont care and I'm not here to argue with you about the Guevara, but is it ok with you to change your avatar? I like mine a lot, but I would change it if you change yours, so you see that I'm not trying to tell you what to do.