Ferrari cover for 328? | FerrariChat

Ferrari cover for 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Alden, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    What OEM cover will fit a 328?

I don't know if any were made for the car back then, never seen one, but I thought maybe a 348/355/360 might fit.

Anyone know if these will work?
    Alden

2. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Yes, a 348/355 cover does work - I bought one from the classifieds here a year or two ago. It's not perfect, but very close with a wrinkle or two.

3. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    #3 The Singer, May 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It's available from Eurospares now, for 308/328. Newly made OEM from Ferrari.

From Eurospares:

Yes OEM I buy from ferrari
    regards

James Pumo
    Eurospares (Continental Parts) Ltd
    Tel: + 44 1787 477169 / 473678
    Fax: + 44 1787 472867

Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.eurospares.co.uk

Rosey likes this.
  5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #5 nerofer, May 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's the original one indeed, manufactured by Andrea in Italy (see the small label or tab sewn inside).
    I have one for my 328 GTB, but I have to say (and I have no horse in this race) that it is inferior in quality to one I have ordered for my 328 GTS from "La housse à l'ancienne" ("car cover, the old fashion way") here in France.
    Yes it was more expensive, but the materials are much better for contact with the paint, it is thicker, washable also, and it has been tailor made for the car, even matched to its colors (very dark grey color to match the "NeroFer 901/C" of the exterior of the car (Nero Metallic) with grey piping matched to the leather.

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I also bought one from "la housse a l'ancienne" and yes it's expensive. But it's really top quality and I have not seen even better today

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #7 Alden, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    From James at Eurospares:

"We stock all models of the original car covers from the 60’s to present day. They are great value and we must sell 30 a month for all the different models."

On sale for 275 GBP, listed for 295 on the site, just tell James I sent you.

Alden

8. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    FWIW, I think the Ferrari OEM covers are actually pretty good quality, given the cr*p we sometimes get from them as accessories. The elastic on the skirting could be better, but a $30 trip to the seamstress solves that problem.

Same is true for the elastic on the OEM seat and steering covers too.

The Eurospares OEM's come in at about $400 + shipping, not bad IMHO.

Red? Horsey? Silky? Oh yea, baby!

Alden

9. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    New OEM car cover with bag and part number on it have not been available for at least 25 years

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Actually, there is no OEM seat and steering wheel covers that are "period correct" for our cars...

There were the "dealer's option" in North America for the canvas seat covers discussed here a few months ago (that came either in beige canvas / black "Ferrari" lettering ; or charcoal / gray lettering) which are not OEM but "period correct".
    There is no steering wheel cover that is "period correct" for our cars.

The satin red seat covers and steering wheel covers are "period correct" only for later models such as 360...

Rgds

Rosey likes this.
  11. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #11 Alden, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    With all due respect for thread drift, we know that, just trying to cover our cars for God's sake!

Alden

12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Correct, my understanding is they are factory OEM from the 360 onwards.

13. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    From James at Eurospares:

"Ha ha, well what can I say,we buy 100's of OEM car covers from Ferrari each year.they are obviously not made at the factory they never were they are made under licence buy a company near the factory.they have the Ferrari script above the black horse cavallino.If they were not original my arse would have been sued long ago.."

My garage was built in 1991 and is not "period correct" for my '88 F car, but I park it there anyway.
    Alden

14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    As said by Alberto, the covers were made, and are still made today, by Confezione Andrea in Italy near the factory.
    Those made by Andrea today are exactly the same as those available back in the days when the cars were new: the "OEM" were/are those of Confezione Andrea, as the factory does not/did not manufacture car covers...
    So, if those from Eurospares today have the "Confezione Andrea" tab, they are as OEM as they can be...

Rgds

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #15 Albert-LP, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Confezioni Andrea produces OEM Covers for Ferrari and Lamborghini (and maybe others). The one sold though the official Ferrari Dealers have the prancing horse on it, the ones they sell directly cannot have it, of course (since some years, once they could print the Ferrari logo or the prancing horse also on the "own" carcovers). But it's the same cover at half price (and then you can attach ironing by yourself a Ferrari logo on it...).

If you want the Ferrari logo, this could be a way to add it

https://www.amazon.it/Carta-stampa-per-magliette-trasferimento/dp/B000W4KV2G

Come Creare e Usare i Trasferibili a Caldo: 17 Passaggi

Adesivi per tessuti - Stampa online - StampaeStampe.it

ciao

16. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
  17. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    As said before, unless you have just washed the car and its absolutely spotless I wouldn't use one of these covers, they are elasticated and quite a tight fit over the car. You can't avoid dragging them over the paintwork when you fit them.

If there is any dirt on the car you might as well take a piece of sandpaper to it....

Loose cotton dust sheets are the way to go for every day use IMO.

18. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I would never cover a car with any kind of cover unless it was fairly clean

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

19. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

What is loose cotton dust sheets?

20. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Just loose sheets that can be laid on the car rather than stretched over it. Old bed sheets if you want. Not as pretty, but just as effective & far less likely to damage the paint.

21. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

I see. Well it depends on your parking spot. If I have a proper private garage with power supply, I'll use a bubble type. If just a proper garage without power supply, perhaps a loose cover might work or no cover at all if not dusty. But none of the above applies now... There are people who need these covers in their particular situation.

22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #22 Rosey, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Got my car cover from Eurospares in the post the other day. Very happy with it. I have an original Confezioni Andrea that came with the car and the new one is very similar.
    Very similar fabric and colour. Logo is identical to the original on the bonnet. Bag style is very similar but with black handles and cavallino logo instead of red handles and Ferrari script.
    Fit is quite tight (should stretch a bit) but so is my original Andrea. Agree car MUST be spotless before applying as the front is quite tight.
    I think if you are in the market grab one while they are on special as in my opinion they are good value for money.

23. RodC328gts

RodC328gts Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2021
    Mexico
    Full Name:
    Rod C
    I just purchased one yesterday from Eurospares.
    Part No. 95991902/G for USA 328 GTS 1988

24. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    The air in my car is not period correct
    Get real man

25. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    You're over 5 years late to that party! ;)