Ferrari CPO Warranty Confusion - Did my dealer sell me an unnecessary additional warranty? | FerrariChat

Ferrari CPO Warranty Confusion - Did my dealer sell me an unnecessary additional warranty?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I purchased my 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia last month as a certified preowned car from Ferrari. When I bought the car, I also paid an extra $5500 for the 12 month power train warranty and they haven a additional 12 months for free under a promotion. I left happy, but a few minutes ago as I was browsing the Ferrari website, I noticed a description of Ferrari CPO cars that says “A Ferrari certified preowned car has a unlimited mileage warranty except for parts subject to routine maintenance of up to 24 months.”

So this has me confused. I just bought a CPO Ferrari and was told I had to spend an additional $5500 for a 12 month warranty that went into effect the day I bought the car, but now I see this which states all CPO Ferrari’s already come with a warranty!

This has me a bit concerned, and makes me think the dealer may have needlessly and unnecessarily sold me a warranty that I paid extra for when the car already should have had a CPO warranty?

I have requested paperwork from the dealer on the warranty but only received a standard brochure and nothing else.

Before I start contacting the GM of the dealership and FNA, I’d like to get the thoughts of the community first to see if this is normal, or if the dealership knowingly sold me a needless warranty for a car that already should have had a CPO warranty.

I know programs and warranties differ in different countries, so for awareness I’m in the USA.

Thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie