Ferrari "Dealer?" Signs on Ebay | FerrariChat

Ferrari "Dealer?" Signs on Ebay

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rkrenek, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I recently purchased a back-lit Ferrari sign on Ebay from a seller named "bernieclean" & I wanted to post my experience with this seller for others to be aware of.

The sign was defective upon receipt. Seller spoke positiviely about replacing it but never took action given mulitple chances. I will not do business with this seller again.

As for the quality of these signs, the one I received was made of cheap plastic and the fit & finish is as bad as the materials. After seeing the sign, i'd pay no more than around $60.00 for it. Unfortunately the lowest price to date on these is around $240.00 and some have gone for close to $500.00. Ouch!

Hopefully others had better experiences....

Regards,
    Rob.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks for the heads up Rob. Post a link to the auction if you could, so other's can get a sense of what to avoid. Sad to see that their continue to be such shenanigans on eBay.

3. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Here is the one I bought....unfortunately it looks very nice in the pictures. Well, looks can be deceiving...

I'm not even certain the pics are representative of what I received. From the pictures it appears to be not very deep. The one I got was around 4.5 inches deep.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3658463684

On another note, the weather here in Dallas is beautiful today. Time to go for a drive...

Regards,
    Rob.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  5. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Interesting. I'm not surprised there are bunches of real Ferrari dealer signs floating around.

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thanks a lot man, i was going to buy one. I'm staying away now