Ferrari Dealer Tell-All | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealer Tell-All

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by msark, Jan 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I was under the impression that if both parties enter into a sales agreement, both sides must perform. It sounds like the OP held up his end of the bargain, put the down payment on the table, signed the sales agreement and GT backed out?

But what do I know....I showed up to buy my Fcar with a back pack full of cash. All the cash I had in the world and a fresh receipt from the blood donation center. I was more than a few $$ short but I was honest, sincere and a bad poker player. I even showed him my bank balance ($100). Seller had more cars than he could count, and the deal was done. He flat bedded my daily driver back home the next day for free so I could drive my new car home.

Thank you Jack C. You are a true enthusiast and I covet the car I bought from you years ago.

absostone likes this.
  2. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I lived in Saratoga from 1970 to 1975 when I left for college and didn't move back. It was the Los Gatos-Saratoga High School district and this was almost across from Los Gatos High School. I remember looking back when I was a kid. Thanks for conjuring up what was a great memory of my youth ....

3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    This was the dealer of the infamous Eagle Computer CEO crash (and burn)...?

Later the site of Los Gatos Luxury Cars where I got my Aston...

SV

4. Polpot

Polpot Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
    Here in Palm Beach I heard about unscrupulous odometer rollbacks well before this story broke.
    https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-ferraris-odometer-rollback-mess-could-mean-f-1823426375
    I have little regard for Ferrari as they had to be well aware of what the dealers were up to. I also heard the same from colleagues in Belgium and France that the same may have been happening there as well. The way I see it is if the factory is unscrupulous then the dealers will follow. I have little faith these days in the mileage of used Ferraris and believe that this practice is much more prevalent then most believe and that it has resulted in the over inflated prices that we have been witnessing.

5. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I set an appointment with Continental. In Chicago to see and drive a 599. I was told that it would not be at the Ferrari club meet at Road America so I said I would come by their office. I told them I had a 250 and a 330 so I was serious. I arrived and the salesman showed me the car in the middle of the floor. Then the dumb s..t asked me for my insurance card before I could drive it!! What a jerk. I told them to keep their car. Then when I got to the Club meet, they had the car there. What a bunch of liars. When I told David Alexander about my experience and why the hell did he set me up with such a moron of a salesman, I just got a blank look. Scum bags.

6. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Bottom line, as we have heard before,
    Buyer beware!!!!

7. BIG FISH

BIG FISH Rookie

Aug 13, 2016
    Florida
    Exactly

8. BIG FISH

BIG FISH Rookie

Aug 13, 2016
    Florida
    Well put!!

9. gallagher

gallagher Rookie

Apr 9, 2016
    I have had nothing but great experiences with Continental in Chicago. In my opinion, there is none better.

Tim G

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Was the 612 in question a dark silver with shields? If so, I think I saw it in northwest Portland a couple of days ago.

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember when you posted that thread.

Just as well, you ended up with a beautiful 599.