FERRARI decides to screw their last champion, again | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FERRARI decides to screw their last champion, again

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, May 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I have always liked Alonzo as a driver, but he is a petulant child. I am coming around to your way of thinking. I am beginning to think he is damaged goods.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Please tell me what you think of Alonso's car running too much power from the ERS unit, and being told by the FIA to change the settings.

As for the Kimi VS Alonso thing, the season has just begun, 5 races in. Raikkonen was faster all weekend until the team ****ed him on strategy.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The argument with Bas was about Santander´s influence to get Massa ahead of Raikkonen in 2008, something that IMO is quite unlikely.

4. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    #30 NWaterfall, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No love for Pastor???

Me neither...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SorenT

SorenT Rookie

May 14, 2014
    Hi guys. It has been fun following your discussion :) I did write the most recent article about the Ferrari events in Barcelona. As for the article mentioned above, although I would like to take credit, I can't. It is written by my friend, wrcva. He is arguably the most thorough and inquisitive person that I know of.

The piece about the 2008 affair with Kimi, Ferrari and Santander is cronologically pieced together with news articles and statements from that time. Freely available for all. The conclusions drawn from there is hardly far fetched. For me, the evidence is pretty clear. And anyone who takes the time to read the article with an open mind should come to a similar conclusion. But in the end, it is up to everyone to make up their own mind.

Soren

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Welcome :)

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari need drivers capable of finishing a race :D.

8. SorenT

SorenT Rookie

May 14, 2014
  9. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ferrari have been fairly regularly screwing up strategy since they lost Ross Brawn. Remember what they did to Alonso in Canada a couple years back. Cost the title...

Maybe the explanation is simpler than a big conspiracy. Maybe they're just not that good.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A concise summary of the current status.

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    A fluff piece written by a Kimi fan boy. Half the facts aren't even right.

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

You go to the best team available if you want to win.

13. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

Angry Raikkonen had 'long' Ferrari talks after Spain
    2014-05-12
    May 12 (GMM) Hours after the chequered flag in Spain, Kimi Raikkonen's "long talks" with Ferrari officials were dragging on.

That is the claim of the Finnish broadcaster MTV3, reporting that the Finn was unhappy with his treatment by the Italian team in Sunday's Spanish grand prix.

Raikkonen answered "no" when asked if he now feels like the number two driver at Maranello, because Fernando Alonso received first call for pit service despite running behind the normally ice-cool 2007 world champion in Barcelona.

He was, however, furious.

In a television interview for Britain's Sky, the 34-year-old answered "I don't know" when he was asked who made the decision to pit Alonso first -- an advantageous tactic usually reserved for a team's leading driver.

Asked if he wanted to pit before Alonso, Raikkonen mumbled, shrugged, and stormed off.

Later, having been beaten in the race by Alonso, he played down the strategy incident, according to Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"There was not much between the two," said Raikkonen. "In the end it makes no difference. It was a very disappointing result for Ferrari."

But on the slowing down lap after the chequered flag, Raikkonen is reported to have angrily asked on the radio: 'Exactly who made this (pitstop) decision?"

14. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    On the USA feed Alonso was making jabs at Kimster in interviews.

I did like his comment on how he would prefer a fast "undrivable" car over a stable slower car.
    Another jab at Kimi's set up complaints.

IMO much of Ferrari's problems boil down to the ERS system; instability while harvesting, brake bias with/without it and its application out of corners.
    Its surprising that Kimster has not come to grips (cough) with it as fast as Fred. Or Fred is "cheating" per the links.

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

So you expect him to have the preferential pit strategy when you are 32 points behind your teammate? Maybe if he had driven like a number one driver for the first four races then he would be treated like one.

16. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #42 LightGuy, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014

Depending on what 'Used" means.
    Sometimes scrubbed in and aged tires are quicker and last longer that a set of new stickers.

I find it very hard to believe that Ferrari would purposely limit Kimi's results vs everyone over a hoped for advantage with Alonso over their sole #2 car.

17. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    It would depend on Ferrari's goals for the weekend;

Do they want the highest finishing position, Alonso to finish higher (for Santander's and the crowds delight) which also helps his points standing, or to get the most total WCC points.

It would also depend on how they picture their odds in the WDC championship and WCC points race. Are they willing to sacrifice Kimster's results for a gain for Alonso ?

I dont know the answers but these are some of the internal calculations inside any team and with Ferrari you have to throw in the Machiavelli quotient. ;)

Or maybe Alonso's crew had the ERS at "11" for the other races.
    Alonso would do that ?!?!
    Tell me it isnt so ! ;)

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Right or wrong. True or false. This sort of petulant gossipy BS doesn't happen on a winning team.

Stefano got out just in time.

19. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I thought there was a chapter on it in the Ferrari F1 operations manual.
    Now you tell me.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks. Here's the article translated by google (so not perfect) for people who cant be bothered to use translate:

I knew Ferrari can be a bit biased, but I almost found this impossible to believe if it weren't for the fact that the report came straight from Pirelli!

If **** like this will happen again Kimi should tell Ferrari to go **** themselves and promptly leave.
    It's early in the season, and do you honestly expect a driver who just came to a team his teammate has been at for 5 years starts to beat him from the get go? No prior experience with the hard to setup front suspension either? Lets not forget that the driver he has to beat is allegedly the best driver in F1 according to many.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If you're on a 3 stop, a scrubbed set can be advantageous. On a long 2 stop, a set of used tires isn't going to do you any good...

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Considering it's been a year since they won...It indeed isn't happening on a winning team ;).

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Oh here come the Kimi fan boys, upset that he's being soudly trounced this year by that scoundrel Alonso! It's Barcelona, what do you expect?

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Fred HAS to go if Kimi is going to be successful at the Scuderia. Unfortunately Kimi might get fed up and bolt before Fred does...