Ferrari emblem removal? | FerrariChat

Ferrari emblem removal?

Discussion in '360/430' started by chipbiii, Nov 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    How the heck do you remove the front and back hood and trunk emblems on a 360 Spider.
    I saw the access holes on the engine hood for the emblem and then noticed instead of a nut which could easily be removed by a socket, Ferrari decided to secure the emblem with what looks like a metal grommet! What tool is used to get at that thing?!! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    We get asked that question a lot, as we recommend removing the badges to put our Stripes on. :)
    The metal grommet you refer to is a speed nut, it pushes on and depending on the type, some can be threaded off. In body shops they just snap them off and replace them. A word of caution about removing the Ferrari badge on the engine lid, it is fitted with small nuts and washers. Put a cloth over the engine before you remove it. You wouldn't be the first guy spending an extra hour or so removing and replacing the pan under the engine to retrieve the nuts and washers. :)
    Ciao
    Brenden

Eric in Chicago likes this.
  3. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Your comments are very much appreciated as I have received the stripe kit from MaxSpeed.
    Yeah, I've already managed to lose a couple of gravity affected washers somewhere down in the pan. Luckily they were of no real consequence. Thanks Frenzo!

Chip

4. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
  5. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    Thanks, I knew what you meant. :)

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They did that to keep them from being stolen.