Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by SupercarGuru, Feb 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    #1 SupercarGuru, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wanted to share a great story about a very rare Enzo (2 Enzo's) that have come to the USA. First off thank you to FerrariChat for always providing an amazing resource. Specifically some informative threads and posts by Marcel Massini and Joe Sackey.

A few months ago my business partner asked me to help him curate a unique car collection. I started calling collectors and friends of my grandfathers and fathers. In the midst of sorting through cars and options a close friend called me about a very unique car.

The last production made Ferrari Enzo. Car #399.

Still with its original owner in Italy, I began to work on verifying its provenance, condition and "story." If this WAS the actual car #399, I knew we had to purchase the car.

Over the past year I had the honor of befriending Ferrari F1 driver Felipe Massa. I decided that while verifying the provenance of an Enzo was beneath the F1 superstar, I (awkwardly) asked him for help.

Between Marcel's posts, FerrariChat and Massa's connections with the appropriate Carrozzeria in Italy we were able to verify that it was in fact car #399.
    During our research we learned that the car has some very unique features including being the only Enzo branded with "Enzo Ferrari" signature badging.

Upon closing the transaction and preparing to import the car we learned that another "famous," Enzo would be making its way to the USA.

As a enthusiast, first and foremost, our group and the owners of the other Enzo decided that both cars would be shipped together!

Here are some of the first pictures of Ferrari Enzo #399 and the Michael Schumacher Ferrari Enzo upon arriving into the USA.

More to come! Stay tuned...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ryan Grant

Ryan Grant Karting
    BANNED

Jun 6, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan B. Grant
    That is a great story, thanks for sharing. What other unique cars have you found for him?

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Great to see the Schumi Enzo finally sold. Did your partner also bought it?

Well done.

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    VERY INTERESTING post... Please keep us updated!

5. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Thanks!! Lamborghini Countach and working on a few other cars that I feel are good investments for him.

6. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    No. Sold for BIG money to a collector.

7. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Armen! Its been a long time... Thanks!! Hope all is well.

8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm under the educated understanding that +400 Enzos were finally made (I specifically collected Enzo serial numbers and run an "Enzo Register" for a while) so although there is actual means to know the car's order among Enzos, being #399 does not necessarily mean it is the last one made. Of course it could be the last one actually made but then it wouldn't surely be exactly #399, so would you mind to confirm which of both is true?

Anyway if Massini and other high stakes contacts you mention have been involved here, accuracy is guaranteed, I guess.

Then there was that story about the 400th Enzo donated to the Pope...

Andre Siloto likes this.
  9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's good to see it leave that showroom. Was there for a year i think. I wonder if that collectbor also bought Schumi's FXX?

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Rodolfo, I believe this is s/n 139305. A very nice car but not, by a long way, the last Enzo made.

Jonathan

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    399 is the last PRODUCTION Enzo.

400 is a POST-PRODUCTION Enzo, built specially by Ferrari SpA for a special purpose.

I think there is a misunderstanding by most on what constitutes a production run. When the production run closes, the factory can manufacture some additional cars, for a number of reasons (special requests, replacement cars etc). The factory does not view these cars as "production" cars. Accordingly, there is a difference between "the last production car" and "the last one made".

XLNLIFE likes this.
  12. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Well said.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  13. gregmour

gregmour F1 Rookie

Dec 17, 2005
    Valréas / France
    Full Name:
    GREGORY
    what's the color of this 400 ?

14. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Production or post-production, I don't think the car says #399 on it anywhere. Nor would I imagine that there is any hard verification from the factory that this was the "last production car."

But it would be interesting to see.

elmadi likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations on putting together a tremendous transaction. Well done. And thank you for sharing some of the story with us. Its a fantastic read and #399 is truly a special Enzo- already a special car.

Best of luck and best wishes for continued success.

You have to love the semantics of the situation.

16. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Fully documented from the factory. Stay tuned for the rest of the story...

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Thank you. It is an honor to be part of such an exciting process.

18. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

In Monaco a few years ago, I saw an Enzo with the signature badging on the rear deck lid. The car was ivory in color, but it was a wrap, so I couldn't tell the underlying color. But I recall Monaco plates, not Italian.

19. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Is the color of the schumacher enzo (the one with the darker wheels) due to a protective plastic being over it?

20. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    No, actually the Schumacher car is Rosso Scuderia or Rosso Dino. While the #399 car is Rosso Corsa.

21. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I think, without being sure that the FXX is still in Germany at the car dealer's garage.

22. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Cool. Looking forward to it!

23. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The car is Rossi scuderia with dark grey wheels. Originally, Michael had had the wheels chromed (as he did on many of his Ferraris, MC12 included), but it was really "unbecoming"

24. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    No
    Sold too
    The Enzo, MC12, FXX all came out of the same collection

25. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    The original "Enzo" signature was on LdM's black Enzo. It did get copied and repeated many times since.
    By the way, you can buy the Enzo Ferrari chromed signature at Formula Shopping in Maranello....

of2worlds likes this.