Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by YH8T, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Some speculation suggests that the passenger is the registered owner of the Enzo...

2. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    and the only place he will be allowed to drive his Ferraris will be on the racetrack..;) unless the engine/driver management system malfunctioned in some way and "launched" the car uncontrollably ... but nah, ..

3. Xplode

Xplode Rookie

Jun 26, 2005
    Per NBC channel 4 local news site: http://www.nbc4.tv/traffic/7292691/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

"That man, whose name was not immediately released, told authorities he was the owner of the Ferrari Enzo, but claimed that he was the passenger and that the driver ran off after the crash.

"The fact (is) that the passenger is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills-Bel Air area. The passenger had blood on his mouth and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," said Sgt. Phillip Brooks."

4. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    for the major service.

5. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    If you were driving in a pick up after the accident, you could have gotten an Enzo engine souvenir.

6. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    All I have to say is WOW. They were really going over 200+mph though? I would've thought there would be more damage

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Interesting video on the LA Times site. The "passenger" had a bloody mouth, but the driver's side airbag had blood on it (not the passenger's).

Unfortunately, the "driver" 'fled the scene and ran up a hill' so there was no verification of his injuries.

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    OMG. Its the red car that was at SEMA! Look at the wheels

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135347790&postcount=1

And the kinda worrying thing is that the guy who i think owns the car is the same guy i met when we were in the UK last summer :eek:

What the hell do you mean by that? 1 post and this is what you say. Do you know the owner? Do you have any proof? I really can't belive some of the things i read here sometimes. There really is no reason whatsoever for you to say that

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I spoke to him and made that very clear... He seemed like a nice guy and was genuinely interested in facts about the car and opinions surrounding the accident...

10. VpointVick

VpointVick Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    CLT
    Both airbags were deployed.
    http://xs69.xs.to/pics/06082/ShowLetter-1.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs69.xs.to/pics/06082/ShowLetter-2.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs69.xs.to/pics/06082/ShowLetter-3.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs69.xs.to/pics/06082/ShowLetter-4.jpg.xs.jpg
    http://xs69.xs.to/pics/06082/ShowLetter-5.jpg.xs.jpg

11. blackonblack360

May 25, 2005
    Torrance
    Why would it be bad press for Ferrari???
    Isn't any press, good press???

Some jackhole was being stupid and obviously driving recklessly.
    To me the car looks pretty darn good (and lucky) for a crash at that speed.
    Imagine if that pole had connected with the front half of that car.
    The guys could possibly be dead and the car may even still have been in one piece. I think it's great the the back end broke away like that and left the front just sitting there.

12. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
    Now that sucks! At least the driver/passenger made it ok.

13. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    HAHAHA----

did anyone hear hans say "it's a 16 Valve...uh....V8"???

great reporting. (from the video on the link posted on page 7)

14. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    learned something

15. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    and that the engine weighed 1500 pounds... morons

16. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    If there is blood on the air bag it won’t take long to prove/disprove passenger’s statement that he was not driver. You have to wonder that if this “passenger/owner” was the driver why he would lie to police. A person that owns an Enzo would be expected to be at some level a successful/smart person and know that he can’t explain away his driving the car by saying it was someone else. I mean the next question coming out of Officer Dan at that point would be, “OK so who was driving your one million dollar car?” You can’t say you don’t know who it was, that you just meet him and let him take the wheel. That leads too most likely the person was under the influence. Again then why lie and compound your problem creating additional crime of making false claims to a police officer? No one else is involved, (didn’t hit another car, didn’t kill anybody, no one else hurt) so why lie about it? Doesn’t make sense.

17. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    It is possible to get hit in the mouth and then start bleeding a minute or so after. Just because he was bleeding from the mouth dosent mean that blood should have gotten on the airbag. Also who knows the condition of the so called driver, his face could be twice as bloody.

18. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Very true, but at the same time - it doesn't help the "passenger's" story any.

19. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    that looks like it, who's the owner?

20. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Is the Enzo major an engine out service?

21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree. The story sounds suspicious, but it's plausible that his mouth did not immediately start bleeding and that the real driver could be busted up pretty badly. The investigating officer didn't sound too convinced that this is the case, though.

However, I agree that the owner has too much to lose to simply make up a story about someone else driving.

22. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
  23. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004

great....he did seem very interested and that he was familiar with the Enzo, hopefully he will report accurately.....

24. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    guys is it just me or this forum seemed to be very SLOOOOOOOOW after this morning?

probably due to the traffic of this thread?