Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo crash in Malibu

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by YH8T, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    This changed everything. Now he has a motive to make up a story.

2. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    does anyone know who the owner of the that SEMA enzo is? its gotta be the same car

3. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Pirelli decal on the car at Vegas. Not on the Wrecked Car.
    Could've been removed, though.

4. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The whole thing is kind of fishy.. we haven't seen any pics of this car with a CA license plate, so who knows if it's registered and/or if the owner even has a license himself. He hasn't been in the area that long.

5. Emission

Emission Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Driver had something to hide - as someone already pointed out... no reason to abandon a wreck like that (single car, non-injury, no real property damage, etc...). You only compound your problems. Racing, drinking or drugs - or a combination of the three...

Idiot killed a very nice car.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Great, cant wait to hear the clueless Media Aholes & the Insurance companies start whining

7. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #257 switchcars, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Supercharged

Supercharged Rookie

Mar 21, 2005
    Axels fine he said his is tucked in the garage and he didn’t know whos it is.

So the mystery continues…

9. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    After seeing the pictures of that crash in Germany, this one is relatively tame...

10. gtessier

gtessier Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2004
    OC, CA
    My bet is that it is the SEMA car. Same rims and the news stations are reporting it is not registered in the US. It also matches the description with black interior too.

The KABC story says the driver's side airbag has blood on it, yet the "passenger" was still in the passenger's seat when they arrived. Amazing that they didnt kill themselves, and if the KABC report's suspicion is true, that they had the presence of mind to switch seats and the actual passgenger flee the scene.

Judging by the terrain and the road, I'd guess that they crested a small hill and the front end got light and possibly even airborne. After that, he lost control and went off road into the power pole.

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

The comedian Sam Kennison had a very suspicious one car accident with his Corvette in SoCal late at night . Left the scene and came back the next day to claim the car and make an accident report. IIRC the only thing they got him for was leaving the scene of an accident.

12. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Pretty slow.. I also noticed that my screenshots were posted on every other board. *cough*Jimmy*cough* :D

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    #263 Gilles27, Feb 21, 2006
    Yeah, definitely looks like he's measuring his skid marks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Young

Young Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2005
    Home Town Buffet
    Full Name:
    R U Mr Pininfarina?
    Worth every penny of that Million dollars if Enzo saved both lives crashing at that high of speed. At that high speed don't you travel back in time :)

15. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Marcel, you are correct (about his name and other cars). He also has 2 (if i remember correctly) SLR's as well as an F40, F50, Porsche CGT.

16. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

lol... i was gonna send you a PM regarind to that (AND to thank you:)), how ever f-chat was really really slow...

so hmm.. Thanks ;) :D

17. DetroitWonk

DetroitWonk Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Ray Wert
  18. rockdad

rockdad Karting

Jan 3, 2006
    OC, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, the "light front end" theory makes sense to me, my 246 GTS would just about get airborne at 140, very little steering feel. The skidmarks look like there was a lack of steering or maybe a blowout. You would think the Enzo has way way better ground effects than the Dino however..........

19. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Ferrari 308 goes up in flames at gas stations...owner/driver runs away.

Ferrari enzo hits telephone pole on PCH, car disintergrates...owner/driver runs away.

(OK here the "passenger" might be lying about the driver running away for all the early speculative reports...who knows).

it is like surviving crashes in airplanes..it is good news/bad news for airplane manufacturing.

20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    IIRC, that stretch of road is right before you get to Zuma Beach, and there is a quick hill that you can get out of shape on if you either aren't familiar with the road or simply don't know what you're doing.

The fact that they were racing on PCH in low-light conditions would lead me to conclude the latter...

21. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, that is his last name

22. Young

Young Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2005
    Home Town Buffet
    Full Name:
    R U Mr Pininfarina?
    #272 Young, Feb 21, 2006
  23. rockdad

rockdad Karting

Jan 3, 2006
    OC, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Southern California region forum is going nuts! Seems that most of the red/black Enzos in the area are accounted for, including Axl Rose's, which is "safe in the garage".
    Latest rumor is it was Martha Stewart's car but she blames the accident on her broker.

24. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I didn't bother flipping through all the threads but if this were some kid in a Honda civic we'd have all sorts of hate messages and name calling. But it's a guy with an Enzo and it's all, "I hope the driver is ok" What kind of speed and force does it take to split an Enzo apart? My guess is its a helluva lot higher than 100mph.

Guess we're going to have another Sunday of super slow driving in the canyons. Two weeks ago a Harley rider lost his leg to a Triumph just a few miles west of the Rock store.

25. zoomtt

zoomtt Karting

Jun 19, 2005
    Corona
    Full Name:
    Edsel Labao
    The crashed car definitely matches with the SEMA car.
    Black seats
    Red Harness
    Same Wheels

What booth was this car displayed? I may be able to find out who owns it.