FERRARI ENZO | Page 105 | FerrariChat

FERRARI ENZO

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by joe sackey, Apr 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    No problem that is painted in blue....(i really like the TdF Enzo with the tan (i think) interior, that's my fav Enzo) but those wheels.....repainted in silver please...!

2. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    I think they are silver and the white balance on the camera is making them turn blueish.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    F140C likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    JagShergill, AJ and BtvFerrari like this.
  6. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    "Due to a recognised engine failure affecting the model"
    What failure was this? The text makes it sound like a typical issue. Do we know ~ how many Enzos had their engines replaced as a result?

7. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I came here to see if there was any further information on the issue that led to the engine replacement. The wording used in the description certainly suggests that it was a common fault.

I'd guess that a replacement engine is something that would make the vast majority of potential Enzo buyers look elsewhere.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There was a yellow USA Enzo in (North Carolina?) that had it's engine replaced early on.

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I believe you're thinking of Bob Rapp's Enzo 131319, the yellow with tan car, engine replacement by Ferrari North America early in it's life circa 2004, a handful of Enzos have had this done, some people mind this, some don't, and others don't know it's been done.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I remember the strippers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Joe, indeed that is the Enzo I was thinking of that Mr. Rapp purchased. Thank you for sharing those images to as the tan interior is less common.

joe sackey likes this.
  12. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    That Enzo had a tough time finding a new home in 2021, both before and after failing to sell on the block at RM, even with a then relatively modest estimate. I think it's safe to say the market generally minds the engine change.

JagShergill and joe sackey like this.
  13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    It is the first time that i see a yellow Enzo with tan interior. Unusual but unique!

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    IIRC some of the Enzo motors were originally assembled using a bad batch of valve springs.

joe sackey and of2worlds like this.
  15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Was there a consistent reason why some Enzos required their engines to be replaced?

16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    joe sackey, NürScud and Garretto like this.
  17. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    Argento Nürburgring over Nero #134948 with 7,334 miles to be auctioned by Mecum in January
    previously sold by Gooding in 2020 at 7,100 miles for $2,354,000...with tan seats. So, a seat replacement since?
    Mecum does not list the VIN themselves (yet) but classic.com has it listed as #134948, and the mileages make sense that this is the same car.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539803/
    https://www.goodingco.com/lot/2003-ferrari-enzo-6/
    https://www.classic.com/veh/2003-ferrari-enzo-zffcw56ax30134948-n2L8ZPp/

2022 (photos: Mecum Auctions)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2020 (photo: Gooding & Company)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Tan seats make a silver Enzo more interesting IMO, but what color seats was the car originally delivered with?

Garretto and 456-boy like this.
  19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    134948 was born Argento Nürburgring 101/C with Black VM 8500.

Marcel Massini

joe sackey and 456-boy like this.
  20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks Marcel, I suspected that the car exists today as it was delivered, which is why I asked the question.

21. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    The selling dealer, via Gooding, claimed the car was special ordered with a Nero interior but tan seats (see the quote in my previous post). So, it's possible that this claim was in error, but on the other hand Marcel's records don't necessarily contradict it because the interior was indeed Nero.

Perhaps the subsequent owner from 2020 just wanted seats that matched the rest of the interior and did not keep the originals. Mecum's description does not mention either way. Like Joe, I think the tan seats look nice under the silver paintwork.

22. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    As far as I remember there once (years back) already was a discussion about the very car...and from what I recall Carbon (NNO/134282) quoted back in the days that 134948 was ordered with an additional pair of seats?! Though I personally only know pictures of it (from like 2004/5 up to 2020) with its beige seats up until the this auction came up.

In this regard one also has to gernerally point out that the given internal colour of an Enzo must not necessarily reflect the colour/treatment of the seats! The seats are normally seperately listed on the option list - though mainly only in terms of their respective size and/or fabric inlay.

There are however examples where the colour of the seats is different to the gerneral interior colour given! Meaning: you can have - for example - a standard Rosso Corsa DS 322 (EXTC) / Rosso 112806 (INTC) Enzo but with Nero 8500 seats. In such a case the internal colour only refers to the treatment of the lower dashboard, the inner door handle as well as the crank for the window etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Gorgeous, stunning! I don't have any words left.