FERRARI ENZO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FERRARI ENZO

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by joe sackey, Apr 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #26 Bill S, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Veyron, Daytona Spider, F40, F50, Enzo? Nice collection to say the least.
    Don't worry Bill, you still have a great collection. It appears he's missing a CS and CGT :)

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    His Veyron is two-tone - black and Rosso Dino. I thought that was a pretty cool tip of the hat to Ferrari.

4. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The Enzo is just stunning in silver, way nicer than red imo but everybody is different :)

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Very cool. Rosso Dino doesn't seem to show up well in photos. It's supposed to be more orange right?

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    133929 is originally Rosso Corsa not Rosso Dino.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, 133929 was originally misrepresented as Rosso Scuderia, but as per MODIS, it's liveried in Rosso Dino (extracampionario) with beige (extracampionario) interior, large seats, red stitching, red gauges, body number 77 (the 77th Enzo built for the US), delivered on 01 October 2003.

8. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Love your avatar.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks! Erik (Peloton) made it for me!

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Good to know. Its listed elsewhere as Rosso Corsa. Have you seen this car in person?

I take it you gone off black Enzos huh? There is one in this thread.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I have not.

Yeah, I saw it - made a note in my database right away. At the current rate at which Enzo prices are rising, I'm gonna need to export a lot more used exercise equipment to Viet Nam before I can afford one.

12. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Knowledge is power. You need to leverage your data base into a revenue source for serious collectors.

I would imagine that a perspective Enzo buyer would pay you for a comprehensive report on the history of their car. You could be an Enzo carfax. :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I've stopped giving history to just anyone who asks. Often I simply request reciprocity on the car about which they're inquiring, but that's apparently too much for some people - some people don't even ask, they just PM me and say, "I need the history on this car." I also stopped sending information to people who don't fill out their profiles. It's worth more to me to add information to my database than to charge someone for information that I already have. Maybe my database could be a revenue source in 10-20 years, but right now it seems more important to build it than to disseminate it for what doesn't seem to be a worthwhile sum in the long run. I have select entries for which I could charge - I saved someone half a million dollars last year when they almost pulled the trigger on a previously wrecked GTO. I suppose I could charge for that data - what do you think is a good amount? A hundred dollars? One percent of the asking price of the car? :)

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think you have a valuable resource and can get adequately compensated for it if you set up an entity that clarifies what you can offer.

I feel your chagrin - I get PMs all the time from people just bluntly stating what they "need" without a polite request.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Hope I wasn't one of the impolite fools. I thought I was nice and I filled in a gap or two.
    By the way, I sent you am email about 026 a few days ago and never heard back. Did you ever get it?

16. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    love that color combo, rossa interior and nero exterior! :)

being an Enzo thread, maybe Joe and/or others could share what they think will happen to Enzo values once the replacement is introduced? will Enzo's become an even better buy, meaning thier asking prices will dip post the F70 (for lack of a better name) coming on market? thanks

17. London Enzo

London Enzo Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    London & Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    S.L
    No it isn't

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Welcome indeed. Please share..

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This is such a hypothetical I will defer to anyone who wants to guess, because that's what it will be: guessing.

20. London Enzo

London Enzo Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    London & Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    S.L
    It is nothing more than plain old Rosso Scuderia

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #46 134282, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought I replied to that - perhaps I didn't, and if so, I apologize.

No, you were not one of the rude people I've encountered recently - very helpful and generous with the information you provided, thank you. I'm on my way out the door with a pretty lady (gotta have some semblance of a life), so I'll check for the e-mail tomorrow.

I suppose it'd be pointless to argue with you - and I should start with an apology for incorrectly representing the color of your car - I'm sorry. But the pictures I have (please let me know if this is not your car) really make the car look like Rosso Dino, and not Scuderia. Anyway, I'm sorry, and I'm glad this was corrected first-hand.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    No problem. Have fun! I sent it on monday FYI.

Regardless of color, that Enzo still looks great. I assume that belongs to "London Enzo" ??
    Hopefully he stays active because its always fun to have an active Enzo owner.

23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Both the black and silver one look fantastic, I dont follow Enzo's as closely as some do so forgive this question, does anyone have any idea how many silver ones were made?

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Ferrari North America says 2 were made for the USA. NNO will have something to say to confirm or deny that.

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    So, if 133929 is also not Rosso Dino, then GB's car may be the only Rosso Dino in existence, USA or elsewhere as he (the owner) believes it to be. If nothing, we know from both London Enzo's post and your earlier one that some car's colors have been mis-characterized, so its only safe to conclude if you've observed the car in person.