FERRARI ENZO | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FERRARI ENZO

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by joe sackey, Apr 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for that Carbon.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    At some point, when I have time, I'll see if I can't do a breakdown of Enzos by color.

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Is that car in the US?

Wherever it is, it's awesome. :)

4. E40racer

E40racer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2008
    Belgium
    The pictures Joe posted are definitely taken at Spa Francorchamps. I recognize those trees, and the photographer is a Belgian.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    While I can't identify the location where the pictures were taken (thank you, E40racer), you can tell that this Enzo is a European spec Enzo with an elongated license plate/registration plate space on the rear bumper. Also, the centers of the outer taillights are orange, whereas the centers of the outer taillights on US-spec Enzos are white/clear.

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Yes, definatly the paddock of Spa Francorchamps.

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Oh yes those pics were taken by Wutputt at Spa, but the question is still begged, is there a white one in the USA? Not necessarily this car, although I'm advised there is a car here that came from Belgium, ergo the connection. I did not think you could bring an Eu car to the USA.

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    A few years ago, I was under the impression that you could not federalize an Enzo for the US. Now I'm not so sure. I saw a Euro Enzo (silver), 09 January 2010, at Cars & Coffee. When I went to photograph the VIN and realized it wasn't there, the owner said (in front of everyone) "Please don't take the VIN." I replied, "It's not there!" to which he quipped, "Good because I knew you'd be here." I was both offended and flattered at the same time. It was on dealer plates, so I don't know if you can actually register a Euro Enzo in the US. The car in question came from Austria, but the "Euro" details were gone (the orange outer taillight centers and the orange side marker lights), which makes me wonder if it indeed was converted for US road use. Anyone with knowledge on this subject, please chime in as I'm curious to know the facts concerning Euro cars in the US.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    #84 TheDuke, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    The yellow Enzo was last known to be in Dallas right? In the US demographics thread I asked about Dallas Enzos and a local guy posted a picture of a yellow with Texas plates and you said it was bought here new IIRC.
    Then there was that yellow one that was owned by a member (yellowenzo123) that unfortunately passed away.
    So that makes two correct?
    Then recently Tipo815 started a thread about a yellow one for sale.
    I'm not sure how many of those are repeats but I think there's 2+
    Sorry if I'm ignorant and this is all false. Just trying to help :)

10. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Isn't AEHaus' Enzo yellow as well?

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yes.

There are a lot of yellow Enzos in the US - at least a dozen off the top of my head. The one I can't confirm is 135494 (which might not even be a US Enzo!).

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sounds to me like a registry of US Enzos is not an exact science :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well I don't have my database in front of me at the moment. I don't carry it around with me - that would just be nutty. :)

But I do know more than I let on - can't let everyone else benefit from my hard work. I do, however, encourage potential owners to drop me a line before they pull the trigger on an Enzo - one recently sold with some undisclosed damage sustained a few years prior. And learning that post-sale could really deflate the dream.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think a lot has to do with changes the factory were prepared to make for FNA customer cars etc without updating the records.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Nothing about their whole system is an exact science - which is kinda what endears me to them. They're so expensive and yet, after 60 years, they still don't have it down. It's almost like they do it on purpose. I love it. I know it upsets some people - you shell out a couple hundred large only to take delivery of something that's not exactly as you ordered it - but I can't help thinking about Enzo purposely sending that woman a yellow car when she specifically ordered red, and he basically told her to **** off.

Anyway, I know some things change last-minute - like I mentioned earlier in the thread about someone having their dealer alter their car and then the factory (or maybe it was FNA) issued an updated window sticker. And then there's US MODIS, where some US cars don't appear, and some cars in other parts of the world do appear. None of it is an exact science; but I do my best to track down the most accurate information possible - and there's only a handful of people in the world who have the same amount of and accurate data that I've compiled.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Oh ok. I was a bit confused because I thought you knew more. This all makes since now.
    Thanks Carbon

17. V40RaCeR

V40RaCeR Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Ian
    #92 V40RaCeR, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Glad to see one of my shots earlier in the thread, thanks Joe! Hope all is well.

Grigio Titanio is my favorite color on the Enzo so I've tried to follow the whereabouts of US Titanio cars. As Carbon mentioned, 135872 and 133513 are both US Grigio Titanio Enzos.

135872 is pictured here at Laguna Seca on Export plates with what appears to be a red interior. This car is supposedly owned by a man from Hong Kong and I rarely come across pictures of it.
    133513 is the car pictured next to the F1. It was formerly part of a collection in Oregon but has since been sold to a new owner in Southern Cali.

However, I have a feeling there could be a third Titanio Enzo. I recall seeing pictures of one in SoCal with what appeared to be a tan or cuiou interior. It could very well have been 135872 but I'm not entirely sure. Any insight would be much appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's Chip Connor's car - an American who spends much time in Hong Kong. He's a long time Ferrari collector and I occasionally see his former Grigio Ingrid 456 at Super Car Sunday. His Enzo was in California in August, 2004, sporting Italian tourist plates, and then later seen with NV plates.

This is one of those US-spec Enzos that doesn't show up in MODIS - perhaps because it was ordered in Hong Kong but delivered here? Who knows. Maybe Chip is a member here and could clear that up.

The aforementioned Euro Enzo in post 83 is silver with tan leather. But I don't know when it came here from Switzerland.

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  21. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    #96 Stefan_009, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well ain't that just a kick in the nuts.

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You know one of those silver Enzos is out by you, right?

24. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    Saw yesterday a Rosso Scuderia Enzo with titanium rims @ Charles Pozzi Levallois. Maybe Jean Todt's one?

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That certainly sounds like 128784.