Ferrari F430 Carbon Fiber / Aluminum Bumper Protection Kit | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 Carbon Fiber / Aluminum Bumper Protection Kit

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gr430, May 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gr430

Gr430 Rookie

Jan 3, 2016
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    I wanted to provide a review of a new product introduced by Fabspeed for F430 Owners -
    Ferrari F430 Carbon Fiber / Aluminum Bumper Protection Kit
    I recently purchased the above mentioned part from Fabspeed and while the aluminum bumpers are effective at preventing scrapes, the carbon fiber pieces do not fit properly to the contour of the front and they will separate from the adhesive.
    I have attached photos to provide some insight.
    For reasons of full disclosure- Fabspeed was willing to provide a refund for the product, but it does not change the fact that the product is not well thought out and there are no instructions to prevent what I am showing in the photos. The photos I posted are immediately after affixing the kit to the front end. The car at this point has yet to be driven.
    Also to be noted: if you decide to either replace the adhesive as Fabspeed recommended (new pieces were shipped at no charge to my address) you will still need to incur labor and time to remove and clean the effected area which no longer makes it a "very easy bolt on installation that only takes minutes to install"
    Once again: Fabspeed offered to refund my purchase but at this point I don't want to incur the labor and frustration to rectify the situation.
    I am now planning on having the front bumber repainted to repair the damage that was done in the past and install the Hill Engineering bolt on pieces. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck likes this.