ferrari f430 insurance | FerrariChat

ferrari f430 insurance

Discussion in '360/430' started by Haig Jamgochian, Sep 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Haig Jamgochian

Sep 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Haig Jamgochian
    i am 21 yo with a good driving record i have saved up my money to make a down payment on a ferrari f430 and was wondering how much insurance would be

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Not a simple question.

What state are you located in? What is your driving record? Are you married? What does your credit look like? Is this going to be a primary car? Do you own a house or condo? Do you have other insurance policies (life, business, liability)? There are a lot of factors that go into determining what insurance will cost or if you can even find a provider that will insure you.

Cheers,
    Corey

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
  4. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Agreed with above. Too many factors for each individual. If you are in the US, I would recommend calling American Modern for a quote. They’re usually the best and offer agreed value

5. Haig Jamgochian

Sep 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Haig Jamgochian
    i lin=ve in m
    i live in maryland

6. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    It's going to be expensive. GEICO was by far the cheapest I found on an FF.

7. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
  8. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Wow. That’s good. Does Erie do agreed value?

9. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    No clue. I have a great local agent that took care of this for me.

10. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    21 years old on an F430? The insurance might be as much as your car payment.... LOL

In all seriousness, I'm a Geico fanboy. Had them since I was 19 and have never had any issues with them whatsoever.

FLORIDAsnakeEyes likes this.
  11. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I'd say USAA..but based on you being 21..I'd say thats a no go. I'd love for other members to figure this one out..

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

12. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Contact AAA. You'd be shocked how little they charged me to add my 430 to our existing coverage. I was shocked as well.

13. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I think he is going to have to shop around. The point of my post earlier was to say that you can't use anyone else's insurance information. The only thing asking around about insurance can tell you is if a company sucks in paying out for damage or if they won't support you in a lawsuit. Everything else about insurance will depend on so many factors you can't predict the price or if they will cover you.

For example, I tried the whole Geico 15 minutes can save you 15% thing here in NJ. Back when my GT3 was new, they would not insure it due to the category of car and were double the price of Allstate for my other cars at the time (Boxster, Audi S6 Avant, 996 C2). Allstate NJ won't insure my 11 year old F430, they said MSRP (about 240k) was too high even though I paid less than 150K, they have a cap on a cars original MSRP of 150k now regardless of price actually paid or age. Apparently I was grandfathered in for my GT3. Hagerty would not insure my F430 in NJ because I did not currently own a Lamborghini or Ferrari or McLaren and my GT3 apparently didn't count. My previous Lamborghini from the back in the 90's didn't count since it wasn't recent. Condon Skelly wasn't a problem with agreed upon value and my 19 year old son, now 20, is allowed to drive it since he has his Mercedes listed as his primary car. Now all this stuff with MSRP caps for Allstate are specific to NJ, since others can get them to insure their cars in other states.

14. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    $935 a year? I’m 25 and thought 230$ a month was good. That is awesome

15. beachedferrari

beachedferrari Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mike Ferrari
    My 360 is through Hagerty and is just under $1,500 a year. Progressive that has my other vehicles said about $1,400 a year but trust Hagerty a little more if something happened. FYI Hagerty would not insurance anyone under 30 for the Ferrari on my policy.

16. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    This is the only perk I have found so far for turning 30.

After progressive quoted me $6k a year for my viper with a perfect driving history, I shopped around and went with Auto owners. Their rates are unbeatable, at least for me when I got them. They actually went down quite a bit when I went to the 360. I do, however question how much they would pay out in the event of a total loss.

17. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    This is why you get a policy with agreed upon value....

Apollo 11 and vinny84 like this.