Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Front looks like they copied the Huracan Evo and facelifted R8. Rear doesn't flow, that rear 3/4 angle looks odd like the front and back were designed separately. Interior looks like a mash-up between 812 and 488.

Agree it looks better in dark blue/colors , the odd angles and mashup design are less pronounced.

BMW.SauberF1Team, xfrgtr and mkultra like this.
  2. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I have a chslle
    I’m just seeing the major ramp up in prices on other models like pista

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Thats funny, my dealer says pricing isn't out yet. The 100K savings number is laughable too.

Post up that price sheet please!

09Scuderia likes this.
  4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #254 MalibuGuy, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    I would argue that Hurican copied Ferrari 360.
    The F8 borrows a lot of design from the Pista. Hurican has no S Duct.

But the current V10 package has been winning races. So that gets respect from me.

5. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    THIS!!

Should have never sold my CS - faster and rarer than an F40 and CRAZY sound. I’m going to own another one at some point.

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Are you mis reading his comment. I believe he is sayin buying the F8 will save him 100 k instead of buying the Pista. I would believe that. F8 would be close to 488 GTB pricing plus 3 - 5 %

theplanner likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Consider the following 10 facts:

1) The 8 was the second fastest car you could buy new in the United States (specifically California, Ferrari's largest market in the USA) for the 1980 Model year, the 308GTSi only car faster being 0.1 seconds more quickly in the 1/4 mile.
    2) The 8 was also declared the best handling Ferrari ever released by many publications when it came out.
    3) The styling influenced both Toyota and GM to copy the basic design.
    4) It shares the same drive train as the 308, what many consider as one of the more 'reliable' Ferrari drive train.
    5) The iconic 'cheese graters' of the Testarossa is based on the 8.
    6) Enzo Ferrari himself was directly involved in the development process.
    7) It's selling price was 20% more than the 308 in 1980, despite the perception it is intended as a downmarket entry level model.
    8) The platform is the only one in the history of production automobiles that can accommodate the RMR-Cabriolet 2+2 format.
    9) There were only 147 8s imported into the United States making it one of the rarest Ferrari stateside.
    10) Same legendary gated shiftier, same flat crank orchestral sound, and the same Connolly leather as other Ferrari of the time.

I consider the 8 quite a remarkable given the context of its release 40 years ago in the United States.

8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You need glasses. Look again.

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Anyone know any other info. How different the engine is to the PISTA ? Iconel exhaust ? Is the bonnet ( frunk , to you guys ) carbon or aluminium ?.. ….

Dash just doesn't look right. Its a mixed mash. The spoiler on the Pista and air intakes look great . The F8 cant help thinking of the 80's duck spoilers' :(

Also not a fan of the carbon increase use and especially the plenums. The red plenums like my 488 GTB will always look great IMO.

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    F140C likes this.
  12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Looks like Blu scozio to me

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    No you need to look at the LM and Dino

We don’t need any more derivative messy spikesturd designs

Unless you have Liberace and Elton John sense of (bad) taste

14. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    y'all want to start a poll....I bet that a decent optioned car will be $435-450...base will be $375k ish. WHY would they price it lower? They already stated that they will make more profit per car. They already blew their previous pricing structure out of the water with the Pista....

uhn2000, dustman and 338Lapua like this.
  15. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    You have a point that they look alike but the fact of the matter is these designs were finalized internally far before any of these cars were released to the public. I highly, highly, doubt that Ferrari saw the new R8 and Huracan Evo and decided last second “oh that looks cool, let’s use that on the F8 even though we’ve put months of r&d and even more money into developing a different design.”

Seriously? C’mon, there is no way in hell they actually copied the other cars. It’s just coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Suborbital likes this.
  16. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    the back looks like a noble m600

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Man I don’t know. At that price what is the appeal of this car? It’s a reskinned (barely) 488. Would anyone actually pay that much for this car when the replacement is out soon after and the performance barely keeps up with its 2 year old competitor?

My feeling is that this is a high 200 to low 300 car. 290-320k moderately equipped.

Any more I just don’t know. Likely I’m wrong but personally this car has no appeal to me at those prices. I like the design but I think the Pista is more unique and appealing to me personally.

I’d be very curious to see the actual pricing.

babgh and Thecadster like this.
  18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You must be drunk, I'm talking about the front bumper vents in the F8 being derivative of the Evo and facelifted R8 vents.

[​IMG]

Stop talking about the Huracan (not Hurican learn to spell) copying the 360 and the LM and Dino whose front bumpers look nothing like the F8/Evo/facelifted R8.

WTF are you talking about the V10 winning races, then Liberace and Elton John?

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    As shown by ingegnere on post #237, the Portofino utilises a clean sheet design chassis.
    Regarding the 512M, the low number was due to its short lifespan (less than a year).

20. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    i guessed that an average Pista would be $400 or less. Many said I was wrong and it would be in the mid $400s. They were right. I based my guess on the usual Ferrari pricing structure. So, old rules do not apply. That means the new car will probably end up in the $400s with normal stuff.

21. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    I can't decide if I like the F8 yet. I typically know right away I have to sleep on this one though....coming from a previous 430, previous 458 Italia, and current 488 GTB owner.

of2worlds and DMantooth like this.
  22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You're taking my post too literally.

My exact words were "Front looks like they copied the Huracan Evo and facelifted R8" meaning the F8's front bumper is a derivative design/not original.

I was not implying Ferrari designers explicitly plagerized Lamborghini/Audi.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not doubting you. Im doubting myself thinking it’s a 300k car.

24. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Preach it !!! Its legacy lives on !

paulchua likes this.
  25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I predict car will sell just below 400k normally but not exceptionally equipped. 349 base but lots of options needed to make it look good. Easy to push over the psychological barrier of 400k with options.

nads and 09Scuderia like this.