Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    And there you have it: dealer as always on the ball! LOL

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Like my 458 the F8 is louder for the first 30 seconds or so and the quiets down. So the dealer suggested l disconnect the lines to the baffles. We did and now the sound stays loud all the way to 9,000 rpms. If this can be done with the F8 it may improve the sound although it is much much quieter than the 459.

Please let us know if this can be done. Doesn’t void the 458 warrant. No check engine light. Just beautiful Ferrari engine and exhausr music.

3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Sorry, i dont know. Im sure if you mess with the exhaust system ,the engine management system may be affected with unknown consequences. ive come to grips with turbo sounds and expectations and im perfectly happy with F8 sound. I tell myself ' its an intelligent sound" and visually appropriate for the speed the car is traveling. Sometimes doing 40-50 mph in my Huracan in say 4th or 5th seems louder than it needs to be. we all go crazy over these small things.. but its part of the fun i guess..

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    it used to be a must have when you order CF on the outside of the car, then it was not mandatory, then no longer having the option. Today as far the coupe F8, its a separate option COLL. Who makes these decisions??

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    F8 being set up with new pressure sensors pre and post cats will detect any slight change in pulse and the engine won't run, so disconnecting the lines to the valves is no longer an option as it is in 488 and Pista. This is a very big problem the aftermarket is currently unable to find a way around.

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It does cost $1200 and I prefer body color. The black looks odd since it creates a choppy look. No one will ever notice or make a comment about it all body color.

jm2, Dicecal and of2worlds like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    What comprises good value in a car is the difference between the purchase and the selling price. The F8 on its face appears to offer superior monetary value compared to the Pista since they are highly similar in appearance and objective criteria yet the Pista costs circa up to $150K more. However, the unknown equation which will settle this issue is in a few years from now, which car will retain more of its original value.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2884 Shadowfax, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    The "better" entry value of F8 sadly diminishes as the options are piled on to match the standard equipment level found in Pista.

Clearly the better value out of the 3 488 variants on today's scale is the 488gtb (or spider) due to the ready availability of used low km cars for sale at a fraction of the cost of a new F8 or Pista.

Ultimately time will tell which of the 3 variants prove the better value but my money is on a lightly used GTB which has seen substantial depreciation levels to where further drops will be minimal over some years to come. F8 is bound for significant depreciation in relativity to the GTB once used cars start flowing onto the market at a steady rate particularly once LB appears along with other brands releasing newer models. The exclusivity of owning a Ferrari is no longer what it used to be for obvious reasons. It's a car you will pay a lot for new and take very little for second hand unless it has a specific attraction being of limited production or special edition.

The smart money often sits back awaiting for those who need to be in the shiny new thing asap knowing this type is often fickle in the sense they are always chasing the next new thing at all costs. These types inevitably paint themselves into a corner due to the build up of heavy losses which at one point becomes unsustainable.

Bundy and greg328 like this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A Pista purchased at list price will undoubtedly retain a higher percentage of its original cost than an F8. However, those driven to pay $100k $150K over MSRP will not be so fortunate.

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Well if I had to worry about depreciation, I would not be buying a Ferrari. Or even a Mercedes. My thinking is that if depreciation has to be a factor in the purchase then I cannot afford it.

The really smart money buys something else to drive around... Perhaps the really special cars such as LaFerrari, TDF, etc will appreciate but to me, that is still a huge risk. Too much unknown. Too risky for my taste if investing.

I was considering ordering a 488, but decided to wait for F8. Pretty excited to see and drive it when it comes in!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Carbonless, REALZEUS and of2worlds like this.
  11. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    That is a real bummer. Sigh.

12. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Well i test drove the F8 yesterday. Not a thorough test drive ,in a residential area mostly. Styling nicer than my 488 Spider except the Lexan rear cover looks cheesey and not a good look through rear view mirror.The rear is much nicer for sure.Probably feel the increase in hp mainly on the track but the very rapid shift sequence and slightly better sound are noticeable.If I upgraded I'd wait for Spider but i think I can wait cause it's not like my 488 is like driving a Ford Taurus

13. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Thanks for sharing. Looking good.

Congrats.

Gr. Martin

14. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    i ordered the COLL, a minor detail, but it somewhat virtually changes the shape of the area( curvy). All the launch cars have it, so havent seen a copy with body color on it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Astrid.Didier and buddyg like this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In my spec session, my dealer put it on the big screen with and without and 3 of us agreed nicer with body color.

of2worlds, jm2 and Jcmd like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

From an aero perspective I can see why they have this as a separate part both on the F8 and the Pista. I believe its to do with the S-Duct. That part is at a different angle to the bonnet. I guess if it wasn't there , there would have had to be a kink in the bonnet because of the air flow over the windscreen. I would do the black

Jcmd likes this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That's the feeling I get when I see the fin in the sides in carbon fibre , to me choppy. Are you going carbon in the S-Duct ? If so yes painted would look better . If you are going standard black the bonnet part does look at home.

18. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    well actually will wait for spider and see

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    TSOYBELIS likes this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  21. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
  22. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Does anyone in the US have an allocation? My understanding is they're still not available. I entered my order in the Ferrari system 6 months ago like many of you.

23. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    still at Green 10 myself, but dealer had always told me expect Mar/ Apr delivery