Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 158 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Will use Pista Spyder black wheels with Michellin Sport Cup 2 tires.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

703, LARRYH, Astrid.Didier and 5 others like this.
  2. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Regarding your "Stock Wheels", if you check your sticker I think you will see a charge for around $6000 for those Babies, believe it or not they are "Premium" wheels.

Napoli likes this.
  3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    you are right, i loosely used the word stock to mean what the car came with...

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    SO I had the demo for three days and put a few hundred miles on it .. the more I drove it the more I liked it .. the car handles very nice and is quick .... I drove it in the rain and night and day once I got used to the car I liked the sound from the drivers drivers seat it is different but not bad... I was able to make final changes to my order which is supposed to be a June delivery... I will say the car was easy to live with .. and drive like a ferrari ... I ended up loading my car up with carbon fiber .. there are plenty of carbon options so I have all the exterior options ....
    I got the std wheels and plan to change them to the Pista wheels maybe ...kind of nice having a demo for 3 days really had a chance to drive it ........all is not dead with the particulate filter it definitely sounds better than a 488...so I guess I am getting an F8.....

stavura, PTG1, Coincid and 4 others like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Several days ago, I also had an opportunity to 'test drive' a F8 for a very short drive.
    I have known and worked with individuals that could drive over a dime and tell you whether it was heads or tails. My butt is not that sophisticated.
    What follows is a non scientific first impression of the car. Having come out of a 488 and prior to that a 458, I had read all the impressions of the F8.
    I have no qualms whatsoever for my F8 order. Not being able to drive the F8 back to back with a 488, it's difficult to make A/B comparisons, but I can tell you I was not disappointed.
    While I really couldn't make an honest power comparison, the F8 'felt' quicker than the 488. By a great deal? Hard to tell without instruments, but certainly enough for my needs. Seriously, where could I possibly utilize the power potential on the streets where I live?

The sound surprised me. Most of what I've read has been negative as to the raw sounds compared to the F8's predecessors. I didn't have any problem and I thought it was fine. Was it as boisterious as the 355 I had? No. But given the constraints of today's world, it meets my expectations. Top down in a Spider will be just fine I believe.

I previously dismissed the distortion and vibration looking through the Lexan backlight. It is present. The F40 I had a ride in had the same characteristics.Did it bother me? No. Would I not buy the car because of that? No.
    Since I ordered a Spider, it is a non-issue. But it does exist. Who cares?

Overall first impressions were nothing but positive. Sign me up! I'm all in.
    It is the culmination of the 458/488. What a grand finale'.

of2worlds, tfazio, stavura and 7 others like this.
  6. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Rookie

Feb 9, 2017
    Nevada
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    looks like rosa Corsa to me...........

regarding Johns post above about the rear window it does vibrate a little but I felt like it was no
    big deal to me .. after all the things most of us that have have dealt with in sports cars this is nothing...I absolutely loved the look of the rear window ............

jim g and Pis7a2020 like this.
  8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    jim g, Graz and Jo Sta7 like this.
  9. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    With current trend of Pista prices anyone willing and able to pay $436,000 for the F8 should really consider a Pista.

LVP488 likes this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    That F8 looks absolutely stunning. As for Pista- 52 listed on autotrader with prices starting at $418K. Time to accept the reality that all regular production super cars are rapidly depreciating assets. For those who purchase these cars as an investment,time to alter your financial strategy.

anishka, Jo Sta7, alibo70 and 3 others like this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Had the opportunity to look at the F8 close up on the week end

Boy the car the dealer had wasn’t that crash hot

Had so many defects especially the pant job

Dealer did say they are pulling their hair with the amount of cars with faults

I also noticed the black part on the upper side of the bonnet is not another part but simple painted flat black

Is was so bad that you could define the tape that was used

12. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
  13. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    elmadi, of2worlds, Dicecal and 10 others like this.
  14. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    of2worlds, ChrisDiRe, bluesea and 6 others like this.
  15. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    The engine cover and headlight covers are polycarbonate.When molded, unless they are annealed, will exhibit the colors from diffraction, an indication of residual stress. You will not see this phenomena unless photographing with a polarizing filter or wearing polarized sunglasses.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Jcmd likes this.
  17. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    bluesea, alibo70, PistaGuyAZ and 4 others like this.