Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    How nicely they integrated the sensors. So much better than on the Pista.

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  2. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    This picture was taken few hours before my track. I did the track which is located in the middle east by special invitation.

If you watch my thread, you may notice these corners though it was at night and bit dark.

3. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
  4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    So how does that compare to a 488 sound? Hopefully more aggressive....hard to tell from audio. My scud with the valves open had a fantastic sound. When I went to the dealer to configure The F8......no one had/could add detail to the sound comparison with others.

LARRYH likes this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That is a lot of turbo whine. Maybe a bad recording but agree something not very special and similar to many turbos on the road today.

7. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    There's going to be some whine with all turbos, but that's more than I hear on my 488. I'd like to hear them side by side......

Jim

8. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    It sounds fairly close to the 488

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    GPF will definitely provide some additional sound muffling... As already noted by JWW in his Youtube review of Audi with same.

10. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Thanks, I thought perhaps the added "power" might have increased the whine. Interestingly, I've had discussions with guys that like the whine, but they've never owned an NA Ferrari.

Jim

ShineKen likes this.
  11. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I'm still trying to get my head around the GPF and its effect on performance and maintenance. I was up for the F8, but the discussion about HELE and GPF additions have me rethinking the purchase. My deposit is still in for now, but may have to keep my 488 as well, which doesn't have either installed.

Jim

italiafan and of2worlds like this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    The Huracan Evo sounds decent with the GPF, wonder why Ferrari couldn't engineer a better sound? Of course Iphone videos are often a poor facsimile of real life audio.

13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    it is because of the turbo .. the turbo engine starts out as a low compression engine the turbo also acts as a muffler.... until they get .. the high compression of a 13:1 in a scud or even higher in a speciale really give a crisp sound... .. but I guess it can be improved ..I suspect they will improve with each generation...
    the hurrican is not a turbo engine .. on the F8 now the engine fires and the exhaust goes through the turbo then the catalytic converter then the muffler then the new GPF not sure where that is in line but you get the picture...
    all that said I still will likely get an F8 I really like the looks etc..

14. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    How difficult would it be to get an F8 if you have never purchased/ordered a new Ferrari in the past from a dealer?

15. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I can only speak for myself; bought my Scud elsewhere. You will be put on a list after your deposit (20 thousand U.S in my case) and told that there will be loyal customers that may jump the line. Larger dealers have more allocation possibilities so wait time might be less. In my case Q1 allocations are spoken for.

16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if the GPF was the end-all of exhaust sound but sounds like the NA V10 of the Evo will still retain that characterstic sound though somewhat mitigated by the GPF. Not really a fan of the 488 sound so to me the GPF on the F8 isn't doing the sound any favors.

LARRYH likes this.
  17. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    It’s interesting... in the first video we saw of the F8 in London I thought it sounded louder and better than a 488. But in this video, it sounds very quiet and dry. Goes to show how difficult it is to judge sound through videos with bad audio. I guess I will have to reserve my judgement until I hear it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalibuGuy likes this.
  18. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    The Huracan EVO is the best sounding sub $500,000 supercar at the moment. That paper-ripping 630hp naturally-aspirated engine is soon to be a rarity of yesteryear as these new turbo/hybrid/electric automobiles come to fruition.

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    That's good to hear (pun intended). I havent seen an Evo in the flesh yet. I love the Sports exhaust of my Huracan. May still upgrade to the OEM Race exhaust my friend has on his 580-2 Spyder when he trades in for the Evo Spyder it sounds tits.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari's and Lamborghini's own V12 would beg to differ.

21. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Yes, my mistake; but aren't those cars delivered with a higher window sticker? (PS, I agree with you).

I was comparing amongst the F8's immediate rivals....720S, GT2RS, and Huracan

REALZEUS likes this.
  22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari has posted the official lap time at Fiorano for the F8.

A little quicker around the track than the 488 GTB. But slower than the Pista.

23. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Surprise, surprise.

I imagine this was dictated through a marketing perspective.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Pista comes with track tyres (Cup 2). That would make most of the difference.