Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 89 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    That's positive news. The F8 sounds pretty bad in some of the Youtube videos but I would trust the opinion of one who has heard the sound IRL. Not sure I would give up the glorious note of the NA V10 but I agree one has to look at the car in it's entirity and then make a decision .

Ash Patel, MANDALAY and Jo Sta7 like this.
  2. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Performance is relative. I don’t look on the clock when I drive. Usually. Ferrari is more than a 130 mph time.
    McL are just a short episode compared with. Good technology, little aura. Used car‘s prices diving like stones here. Demonstrating that fractions of seconds don’t count that much. Unless it’s professional racing.

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Like I said, dynamics are personal but ultimately data translates into a feeling but also sales. You’re telling me the Pista/F8 have 720 hp on accident? They’re running for Mclaren and they need to deliver. I hope they do because I think the F8 is stunning.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    #2204 WM458, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Sure, they have to follow McL on the data sheets. Good for us. Those are difficult to catch when it comes to acceleration. They are light.
    To me it doesn’t matter that much. I prefer the overall package of a 458, 488, F8. The historical smell of gasoline.
    BTW, the 720 hp Pista set a fabulous time on the Hockenheim F1 circuit recently. In addition, it was judged as the most emotional supercar actually available. All this in a well acknowledged German car magazine!

Ash Patel, Caeruleus11 and MANDALAY like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    What is interesting with all those upgrades the price went up only 3% for us. About 12 k only. Definitely a bargain really given all the upgrades. Only thing now in my state there is a new tax add another 10 k and full electric seats is not standard, so another 15 k.

More to see will be the depreciation. That will the indicator for me if its worth doing a swap. At close the end of the fun I do believe the 488's will be few.

Ash Patel likes this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Spec’d the F8 today and put a deposit down. With the necessary options , price is about 10% higher than a similar 488. Estimated delivery is Q3/4 2020. GPF is possible but still not definite. My dealer is fairly confident that there will be a F8 Speciale which will be announced within 18 months. Availability will be virtually the same as the Pista. Dealer believes F8 life span will not exceed 3 years.

tekaefixe, Ash Patel and MANDALAY like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    ;) You heard right there will be a F8 Speciale . More of a increase than what we are getting ? Delivery certainly latter in 2020 as you have been told with the run finishing 2022 at which the Speciale fills in before the new model.

So tell us what did you spec ? :)

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Is the deposit refundable if you are not happy with the test-drive and/or sound?

Will you keep the HP or trade-in?

jim g likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Deposit refundable prior to build notice. Car looks stunning. Now the concern is how it performs. I stressed the important of driving the car prior to delivery. Dealer could not guarantee that a demo car would be available. If the car does not excite me, I will not keep it. The HP is not going anywhere until I experience the F8. I was candid with my sales consultant and said I would never buy the 488 as it is excessively refined and comfortable for my tastes. He understood. He seems confident the F8 will provide the thrills of which I am seeking.
    My spec is as follows:
    Rosso Corsa
    Full interior carbon fibre-
    Carbon Fibre Racing Seats
    Alcantara inserts with red striping and edging
    Colored Special Red Stitching everywhere
    Red callipers
    Adaptive Front Lighting System
    Suspension Lifter
    Red Seat Belts
    Horse Red Stitching on headrest
    Titanium Exhaust Pipes
    Scuderia Shiels
    Matt Grigio Wheels

The Pista I heard the other day was with the stock exhaust. Sales rep advises that sound should be very similar to the F8. It is not up to the mellifluous, euphonious standards of the Performance, but I could live with it.

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    No carbon outside ?

11. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I wonder how different it will be from the 488 in reality vs technical specs, based on your thoughts good call to drive F8 first. Especially coming from HP! Loved the sound and aggression (only as a passenger)

Awesome spec btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincid likes this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The car looks so good without exterior carbon that the complete cf package was difficult to justify at the prohibitive cost.

elmadi, MANDALAY and WM458 like this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Pista spider was in the showroom. That is one gorgeous masterpiece. Edgy, bodacious with a seamless cohesive sense of purpose.

14. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    congrats @Coincid! Hope the test-drive satisfies you, I am looking forward for your report on that

Coincid likes this.
  15. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I hate Ferrari is reducing the life span of new models. It will only exacerbate the depreciation on these cars. The good old days of enjoying 18 months to 2 years of low cost ownership are long gone.

tekaefixe, PhilNotHill and jm2 like this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You seem to care more about the financial aspect, than the car itself...

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This is typical of many Ferrari owners. The topic of depreciation is the most pervasive issue discussed. For some, it is an obsession.

sampelligrino and LVP488 like this.
  18. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I suppose it is relative. If I bought a $60K C8 a 35-40% depreciation hit would not be so bad. On the other hand a similar hit on a Fcar gets my attention. The bigger issue with me is the shortened life cycle coupled with the increased production of Fcars makes me wonder how big of a hit we will take in the future. I was spoiled buying new and trading for the next car with relatively low depreciation. I am afraid future trades will result in >$100K haircuts.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So buy used and then keep it for 5 years. I har my 458 for 3 years and wish I would have kept it. Having a Ferrari never gets old no matter which one.

elmadi, WM458, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    And thats it in a nutshell! If you want to spec your own car and go thru the experience of buying a Ferrari direct from the factory, definitely taking a chance on a big depreciation hit. There are plenty of good deals on 488s right now, if you want to buy used and soften the blow.

21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #2221 IPO1, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    F8 will be a depreciation bomb, but so was 488--$100-120K haircuts. No new news.

Way of exotics these days. All brands, not just Ferrari.

Will be ugly moving forward I have a feeling. Not for faint of heart.

Everyone knows going in the back end pain, so who cares (and if you do, which I respect, then wait for secondary then enjoy).

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Buyers of used regular model Ferraris will see a bright future. With increased production, shorter model life spans and allocations offered to first time purchasers, will result in steeper depreciation curves.

23. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    IMO, the cars will depreciate. Autos are horrible investments. Look into something other than cars unless going for rare older exotics. I have put money down on an F8 and super excited. I will get it in May. I will lose money and I just don’t give a sh*t! Going to live life and my dream. I have a Porto now and love it but need something with more excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANDALAY, Ash Patel, stavura and 2 others like this.
  24. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I wonder if 488 sales are not up to snuff and the F8 is a ploy to goose up sales.

If l had a Pista on order l would be Pista offa.

25. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I have spent money on wine, women and fast cars...the rest l just wasted. :)