Ferrari Factory Tour | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by the_jay, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I used the lot across from the museum. It's convenient because that's where the tour ends.

That tour is going to knock your socks off. Even my wife, who is not a car person, was thoroughly impressed.

2. JohnF

JohnF Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks all for the replies and parking tips.

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I remember only your spouse...

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Last I heard was two max.

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Yes 2 guests I believe.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I just got done talking to FNA, about this and they said you can either go to any F authorized dealership and they can help you with the tour but it’s all in the discretion of the dealership, example: I called F of Newport Beach and a gentleman told me if I really want to go to the factory, he will email me a form to fill out and he can help arrange for me to go to Maranello or, I can go through my local FCA chapter so when they do a group factory tour, you can join.

7. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    There is a good video of the Factory tour on you- tube! How Its Made.

8. John Gunther

John Gunther Rookie

Jan 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    JPG48
    Anyone know if , as a ferrari owner, I can arrange a private tour of the Maranello factory?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Post #231 just above for example ?

10. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah, I just double parked behind the Ferrari store and took my chances. No problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    If you really want to do that tour, do not stay in Maranello, the hotels there are Motel 6 level at best, food in all restaurants sucks too.
    Hotel Planet next to main entrance (where the tour starts) is cheap and rightly so, I have stayed at Red Roofs that were Four Seasons in comparison.
    As for the tour itself, you can see more in plenty of YouTube vids of how the car is made, Ferrari people were just going through the motions, you could tell the guides had no passion and could barely hide their distaste at participants.
    They cram 30 people in a bus and drive you from building to building with some basic explanation what is seen, do not count on seeing anything you are not supposed to, not happening.
    Highly commercialized and never feels for a moment as anything special.
    You learn one thing though, Ferrari is no longer a special car with a personal touch as it used to be, it is a mass production car, no better then your typical Porsche or Mercedes.
    If you still believe in a Ferrari myth, good for you but it is only a myth, fewer and fewer folks still believe in.

12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I did the private tour with my wife in 2016. We were the only two people on the tour, the young tour guide new multiple languages. Her husband was an engineer in the F1 department. Very good personal tour.

Mimmo Blue, crinoid and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  13. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What a load of nonsense!

I was there four weeks ago. It was a tour just for my wife and I. Our guide was very attentive, answered all our questions, let us set our own pace through the factory. She was a young lady but seemed very knowledgeable and had a pleasant manner.

Did you know a V12 engine is assembled by one dedicated person? I suspect not, based on your post above. Certainly not your typical Porsche/Mercedes

Plus we capped it of with a visit to Scuderia Ferrari HQ, looked over the F1 collection, and then a very special walkthrough the Corsa Clienti garage.

Are you an owner? Or did you just join a pay-per-visit commercial tour? Sounds like the latter. Or maybe just a troll,with an axe to grind.

Oh, and we stayed overnight at Maranello Palace. The hotel seemed quite acceptable for a quick visit. You want 5 star? Then head for Como.

spirot, Sinnerman, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #239 absent, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Yes I am an owner, many cars since 1987, tour arranged by LFSC, got the letter from Ferrari.
    Btw, worked as an apprentice at Ferrari in 1979 also.
    Did Atelier for my 599 back in 2006 ( ( different atmosphere back then).
    Btw, All AMG engines are also 1 man policy so Ferrari is not as unique as you think.
    Lastly, please don’t blame me for your low standards, I am very happy you enjoy substandard conditions.
    Also, size of the tour group always varies and depends strictly on luck, you have been very fortunate.
    Am I a troll? Been here a bit longer then you, did a moderator tour also so I think you are too emotional.

15. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Then you should know better than to promote half truths

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Not really, I just had a different experience from you and other posters .
    It was couple days ago.

17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Take into account that it's quite possible to have different experiences. I took a tour last year and got a very personal experience, which surprised me as I had not expected it. It was just my wife and I, and we got to see the the plant overview, the factory floor, the engine build area, the atelier loft, the Classiche workshop, the Corsa Clienti garage where they keep the client owned cars, and even got taken over to the F1 building and overlooked the team workshops and current F1 cars. They also hosted us to lunch at Cavallino restaurant. At the same time, our tour started in the visitor's center where a much larger group, about a dozen people, was also getting set up for their tour and we only crossed with them a couple of times. That one may have been more "mass market" and I'm pretty sure they didn't get into the smaller areas. I think what you get depends on what your dealer requests from the factory as well as your purchase history.

I agree that Planet Hollywood is a mediocre hotel, but it was fine for the night we spent in Maranello and they are priced accordingly, so it's not pretentious. It was a convenient base to check out Ristorante Montana, the Ferrari museum and the Maranello town center. The other 2 nights we spent in Modena and there are some nice hotels there.

Nospinzone likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    It’s because you are Yin...FChat legend!!
    :)

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Wow that sucks. Owners should be treated better as these are significant purchases and some of us see these cars as really special. I want to believe that your experience was not typical.

20. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    We parked right behind the hotel across the street

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Interesting, we were taken to all the areas you have listed without any exception.
    While there, we have never seen any other group of visitors of any size.
    I know my dealer for 35 years and have purchased multiple cars, always custom ordered so it’ s not the reason.
    Same dealer also arranged a personal tour of Pagani by the big man himself (and that was something truly special!)

22. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Is there now a separate public tour from what owners can arrange through their dealer?
    Because on the website it looks like anyone can get a bus tour, but it doesn't sound as interesting as some of the accounts in this and other threads:
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/museums/factory-tour

23. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes. Can do both. The bus tour is for general public.

Arranged from museum. We did both because why not ?

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Don't think there are ANY tours currently possible with Covid and all the massive restrictions.
    Basically one cannot travel to Italy without quarantine and most companies, shops, restaurants, etc are completely closed.
    Even the factory people can almost not travel at all.
    I'd wait at least one year till mid/late 2022.

Marcel Massini

25. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I agree with you. I've been several times to the Factory - love Maranello, food is great - but you have to know where to go.

I've been on the tour when it was packed - and when it was light. When you walk into the factory by the old entrance - you sit around have a gelato or coffee depending on the season... and they they show a video, meet the guides, give you the ear pieces and load into a buss. I've been on the bus when its packed - standing room only and when it was only 6 people. ( 6 people is way better! ) eventually they got another buss to spread out the load. the tour guides are usually young students on an internship - multi lingual, and very polite. they know the basics and have a script but some do know their Ferrari history. once in the factory buildings you can meander along and watch what you like - but you have to keep up with the group.. but it moves slow. again depending on the weather it can feel great in the factory or stuffy... july its going to be warm... and don't do like me and have a big lunch with wine before hand. I like the AM tour at 10 better. but none the less you see it all... inside the F-1 building - up on a platform depending on where the cars are racing it can be empty or jammed to the rafters with people. I've been there right after they won a race ,and the car was torn apart into 100's of parts with the wiring loom up on a board with 20 people testing it. you don't really get to see Foriano track much, but still its a great tour.

Maranello Palace is very nice. It's not quite a palace but its very clean and modern & very comfy! La Gazella the restaurant is about 1.4 mile away, very good food, and super cheap considering what you get - amazing bargan. Cavallino and Montana are also good - Cavallino closing up who knows what will come.

4_Eff_Sake and HotShoe like this.