Ferrari Factory Tour | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by the_jay, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Franco is still running things. I made our reservations with him directly based on the information I got on this site. He's a perfect gentleman.

2. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Been there , done that, and had a really great time. During my visit the day before the tour I met an American in town who worked for Ferrari. He said he would meet me at the factory the next morning before the tour. When I got the in the morning he was waiting and had key chains, and brochures and all kinds of good stuff waiting for me. At the end of the tour I mentioned to him that I was coming back the next day he said why, you already got the tour? I said that there was no way I was going to miss the museum and it was closed today. he said wait one moment and he made a phone call. When he got off the phone he said go on over they will open up for you. I couldnt believe it I had the entire place to myself and my friend Noel. We wandered around the museum for a couple of hrs and they allowed us to take all the time we wanted and nothing was roped off. I was able to walk right up next to all the f1 cars and you could see the names of all the drivers "carved" into the leather on the seats. Took tons of pictures. (pre digital) Want to go back and do it all over again. The second time I went to Italy we were touring ducati when a few British guys who were on the tour said how would you like to come with us later on. We said where you going. They said they had an appointment at 200 to tour Lamborghini and we could be their "long lost cousins from the US" I said holy smokes stepped in it again !! and off we went, couldnt believe the luck. someday if I ever learn how to scan photos I would love to post a bunch of these.

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow Greg, you really had two great experience, I wish to be that lucky too when I go there.

Hopefully somebody from Ferrari will be waiting for me there too:)

4. pdmracing

pdmracing Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2007
    atlanta
    when I went I ( 5 years ago) was allready in Italy & had a chance to divert my trip, i called our local dealer & said no way, I e mailed FNA & they imediatly responded & got me in on a non english tour that next day. Of course I said yes.
    Not really knowing where I was going I pointed my rented alfa twoard the town. I knew I was in the right place when we saw all these cars on the side of the road & people hanging from the fences, watching the F1 cars testing.

As I drove up to the factory I pulled up to a gate( the wrong one) , as Schumi was leaving in a masarati spider! Then Rubens right behind him.
    It was the same week they opened Ferrari world & it was the week before the italian grand prix. Everyone was very accomidating. They( factory) even got us into a good hotel downtown as everything was booked because of the GP weekend. I have to say I was very impressed.

By the way the non english tour was in english for us .

Bring your check book & some fed ex or othert shipping labels , because if it has anything to do with Ferrari, you can buy it there. I found an exact model of my GT4 , down to the hubcaps in one of the model shops.
    I guarentee you will enjoy .

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Hello all,
    Hey I'm trying to put together a factory tour with some fellow Houston people who are owner's next year and would like to get some cost on airfare, cost of The Planet hotel's lodging and any other advice.

Thank's a bunch and if you would rather reply within our thread here is the link: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185872

Thank's a bunch,
    Gregg

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Mike,
    I am going in June, and after a lot of debate, I decided not to stay in Maranello. The hotel itself is great, but I am going to stay in Modena, where there is much more to do and see. We are taking the train up from Rome for a few days, then back to Rome. I have a few friends at FNA and MNA that have said once you see the factory, there is not much else to do. We are going to spend two nights in Modena, and just take a taxi to the factory for the day.

And Terra is a great person to work with on the tour.

7. glasslipper

glasslipper Karting

Jun 7, 2006
    Tarzana,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Dennis L
    I've just been confirmed for a September tour. Can anyone please give me an idea about how long the Tour lasts. Also, about how much time should be allocated to visit the Museum?

8. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    When my brother and I went we stayed at Hotel Executive in Fiorano and it was...well, interesting. For one there were never any lights on, not in the lobby, hallways, nothing. We never saw ANY other guests at the hotel during our brief stay. We would see business men come in the lobby entrance two and three at a time. We never saw what they did or where they went. At night we would hear what sounded like some serious partying going on but never found it or any evidence of one having taken place. I quickly came to believe I was living out a combination of The Shining and The Godfather II at the same time. I mentally prepared myself for the possibility of rounding a hallway corner to find Jack Torrence and Michael Corleone armed and shaking hands while glaring at me. As we left our room for the last time to check out it occurred to me take some video of the dark hallway like the scenes of Danny riding his trike through the hallways of the Overlook. As soon as I starting filming for the first time in the three days we were there the lights inexplicably turned on.

10. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    I will be doing the Factory tour on the 25th Feb, then down to Bologna for Lambo. Unfortunately the Lambo factory is closed to visitors because of the closeness to Geneva Motor show where they are launching a new model Gallardo. But will do the Lambo museum. How does one book the Maserati factory visit?

11. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Though I live in Alaska, my dealer (Ferrari/Maserati of Denver) is working it for me.

12. H20 Toie

H20 Toie Rookie

Oct 31, 2008
    Channel Islands CA
    Looks like i will be in Italy in June so thinking about making a side trip over to see the factory, i understand there are tours of the factory, anything else that i should check out?

13. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    from what i know tour of the factory can be arranged only via a ferrari dealer

14. Lazy Ace

Lazy Ace Rookie

Feb 20, 2007
    Cody, Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferguson
    My dealer referred me to Ferrari North America who contacted the factory on my behalf. You will have to give them the VIN of the Ferrari you own to get in the door.

15. DG599

DG599 Rookie

May 30, 2008
    Southern California
    I was at the Ferrari Factory this past October and my dealer in Newport Beach, California set the whole tour up. All I had to do was get there! The tour was fantastic, even got to see my Scuderia as it was on the last assembly station on the line. Great experience.

16. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    Go to the Mid-Atlantic section and search for "A Creampuff's Guide to a Factory Tour"
    Cheers,
    Tom B

17. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #67 miketuason, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Before you go and plan your tour you better check with FNA first because the first and the only thing they require of you is that you have to own a Ferrari and they need to show proof of ownership. The reason I'm saying this is because I checked your profile and it didn't say that you own one. But if you do, then everything is ok, you're allowed to bring two guests 16 years of age and older.

I've been there last June and this is what I've experienced, hope this help.

Mike

18. BAturb

BAturb Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Allan
    thats right, you have to own a Ferrari or have one on order, or they will not let you in the factory for a tour

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Haven't had this thread for a while !

If you find yourself in the area the best ever thread about what else to do is here :

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197408

I reckon it should be made sticky or similar so it does not get lost buried in its regional section

20. H20 Toie

H20 Toie Rookie

Oct 31, 2008
    Channel Islands CA
    Well since i never sold my 360 maybe i can convince them that i still have it :)

21. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

A tour is cool if you've never done it. The Galleria is interesting. But, the really cool stuff is trying to get "spy shots" of some of the new stuff either coming and going from the factory or peaking through a fence at Fiorano. Lots of other stuff to do if you immerse yourself in Maranello. The square downtown comes alive on the weekend with everyone gathering and playing music etc.

22. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Remember, the Factory only has English tours on certain dates, so plan your vacation around the tour, not the tour around your vacation.

23. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I thought I'd give it a shot.
    I'm a 16 year old boy and I just finished my first semester of my Junior year of high school. My family and I were talking and they asked what I want upon graduating from high school in a year and a half. I said that I'd like to go to Italy. I've always dreamed of going there; particularly for the Ferrari factory. SO, my dad said yes. We're off to Italy in 2010. I've heard stories and rumors that you need to own a Ferrari to be able to take a factory tour. Is this true? Is it the ONLY way to get in? How do you schedule your tour?
    Thanks in advance! Your help is greatly appreciated. :)

-G.B.

24. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    To be able to tour the Factory it is required that you are an owner, The tour can be arranged by your local Ferrari Dealership.

25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    The first thing you must do is spell "Factroy" F-a-c-t-o-r-y. Since I want you to make this trip, I changed the spelling for you. Hopefully, your Pop won't see this post, and say, "A-hah! Deal's off! No 'Factroy' Tour for you!"