Ferrari Factory Tour | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by the_jay, Oct 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I was just scheduled for a tour in early May, arranged by our local dealership and FNA. I am allowed one guest.

2. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    We are going in July (I've been several times with a single guest). No problem to get the family (4) in, including my son, who is 14. Was told by my dealer (USA) that they have recently lowered the age limit from 16 (which I believe was due to insurance reasons, but I could be wrong). Lead time is important to get your date, and a tour in English (if that matters). It's a great experience.

3. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I just finished the tour last week. I really enjoyed it. If you drive in from out of town, make sure you allow a little time to find parking. And the factory entrance was not immediately obvious to us, either. So -- no big deal -- but allow yourself a little time to find parking and the right door. But I thought it was a great experience!

4. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Does anyone know who the point of contact is to book the factory tour? I will be there Sep 24-25. Do they do anything different for Ferrari owners vs public?

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Your local Dealership events coordinator would be my first suggestion.

The public cannot get a " factory tour" , only owners can. Where you get out of the bus and actually walk inside the factory, the engine, shop, etc.

Plus, keep in mind that your Dealership is sponsoring your access, it cost them money to send you and a guest, so it helps if you actually do business with them.

You are going to really enjoy the tour!

S

6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I hope it is not to late for you for the guided tour. They like you to scheduled way in advance. In 2013 I had all my documents in advance but never received confirmation. I showed up at the factory and they scheduled me for later the same month. That was in 2013, things might be more restricted now. They asked me how long I was staying in Italy? (month). In 2016 I scheduled way in advance and the day of the tour was just my wife and I on our tour. Remember Italy is on Vacation in August.

7. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    How much does it actually cost them? I had always assumed that they had to vouch for you and what not, I'm shocked to hear that Ferrari actually charges the dealer for a tour, that seems outrageous.

8. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Good luck and enjoy your visit. Here's the link to the factory tour 'for dummies': https://musei.ferrari.com/en/maranello/ferrari-factory-tour

Gr. Martin

9. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Yes, the dealer does get charged. My dealer here advised it was a few hundred dollars. They now only arrange the tour for long time customers of the dealership.

I take your comment "I'm shocked to hear that Ferrari actually charges the dealer.." as tongue in cheek. Has Ferrari ever offered something for free?

The owner tour is different to the public tour. As an owner you get to see a lot more, no photos of course are allowed especially inside or near the F1 area and cars.

10. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    [QUOTE="MrF355, post: 146171007, member: 61030"....no photos of course are allowed especially inside or near the F1 area and cars.[/QUOTE]y

Right. When I was there, they actually covered the cameras (front and back) on our cell phones with small stickers before we left the reception area and entered the actual factory.

But the access was amazing. Especially the engine assembly area - one guy per engine, his job- assemble one engine per day. And the area where they stored the "retired but sold to high value clients" F1 cars. Upholstery area was neat too: Lots of older Italian gals sewing on some beautiful leather! And you get to keep the ear bud headphones they give you for the tour too, nice souvenir.

20% discount at the factory store too. I bought a nice Ferrari watch and driving gloves.

FYI - they build 24 V8's and 6 V12's per day!
    Alden

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    y

Right. When I was there, they actually covered the cameras (front and back) on our cell phones with small stickers before we left the reception area and entered the actual factory.

But the access was amazing. Especially the engine assembly area - one guy per engine, his job- assemble one engine per day. And the area where they stored the "retired but sold to high value clients" F1 cars. Upholstery area was neat too: Lots of older Italian gals sewing on some beautiful leather! And you get to keep the ear bud headphones they give you for the tour too, nice souvenir.

20% discount at the factory store too. I bought a nice Ferrari watch and driving gloves.

FYI - they build 24 V8's and 6 V12's per day!
    Alden[/QUOTE]

we were there in July - and this was my 2nd time on tour... I was disappointed that the tour was so huge. it was lierally standing room only on the tour bus but finally they brought a 2nd one. then the kids who were doing to tour ( 25 max in age ) got the ear buds mixed up so half the tour you only heard half of the narrative as they were always moving out of range... so it is in fact a True Ferrari tour. :)

it was warm that day and we had 2 bottles of wine for lunch ...so once upstairs in the assembly plant I wanted to curl up and take a nap! we Parked our car at the Ferrari store - had a primo spot, so once we were done ... it was easy to load up the car with all the Ferrari stuff from the store and Shopping F-1.

12. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ive been to the Museo, but would like to visit the factory. Any ideas what the best way to go about this is?

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Owners can arrange it thro local main dealer and/or FNA - look up any of the many previous threads for additional information eg what to do in the area and/or who can accompany etc

14. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
  15. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will speak to my dealer here then. I only own a Testarossa so they may not be so inclined as to help .

Tito1969 likes this.
  16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My guess is your going to be SOL but I’m in the same boat as you and would love to hear a positive outcome

17. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    should not be an issue

18. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So long as you have an active relationship with that dealer, it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m a long time service customer with my local dealer, but have yet to buy a car from them. There was no issue at all. (Chatting with Sr. about tracking the cars probably didn’t hurt. He did get a bit of a glint in his eyes over that.)

But if you have no real relationship with them, that would be a little different.

19. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And if you go, the Planet Hotel is pretty basic but really nice enough, and this is the view we got from our room.

And we ran into Brendan Hartley at breakfast on his way across the street to sim duties on Friday morning.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Manda racing and Y not like this.
  20. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    OP - use the search function in a few of the forums here (this one, travel, silver is subscribed). There are many helpful threads on how to get into the tour and all of the logistics (where to stay, what to see, where to eat and more).

21. 27811

27811 Karting

Jun 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Hypertrash
  22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  23. JohnF

JohnF Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    My wife and I are doing the full factory tour September 27. We will be driving to Maranello from Bologna. Does anyone have any tips on the parking situation near the factory? Any other suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

24. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I parked at the parking lot across from the museum and walked .. nice walk ..easy and can stop at some restaurant or stories

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

25. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Behind the Ferrari store, across the street from the factory, is a paid lot. Usually find a spot in there. Else by the Galleria, it’s just a short walk.