Ferrari Factory Tours | FerrariChat

Ferrari Factory Tours

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TR007, May 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Has anyone heard when Ferrari will be making the factory tours available for owners again following the COVID shutdown? We are planning several trips to Europe and would like to try to tie it in together with a visit to the Ferrari museum on one of our trips.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Earlier this week

3. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks - looks like we will try to go in Sept.

4. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks! Looks like we will try to go in Sept.

5. carz72

carz72 Rookie

Jan 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert Stark
    I heard tours are back on as of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. williocom

williocom Rookie

Aug 26, 2009
    As of May 23, tours are back. Starting July 1, the dealer has a new online portal to use to register all guests for the tours. Before then, they have to email in the request. There are also 4 different tour options now from the basic factor tour to a special version tour that takes 6 hours and opens up new exclusive areas of the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

PB033 and TR007 like this.
  7. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Great news! I will check with my dealer.

05011994 likes this.
  8. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Updating this thread - I asked back in March if Ferrari was back to offering factory tours for owners since we've been re-opening this year, they said no due to COVID

Asked again last week and lo and behold, allegedly factory tours are back on starting this month (June) - suggested to talk to your dealer which I did

Dealer was able to arrange for my father and I do the factory tour in mid-June as part of a euro trip, and couldn't be more excited. Our first time!

Dane and TR007 like this.
  9. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Great news! I have a request into my dealer (Ferrari of Houston) for Sept.

Dane likes this.
  10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I"m not sure what more could be exclusive areas in the Factory - that is not already in there? Classiche? otherwise you see pretty much everything except foundry, and the cafe, or wind tunnel.... unless they take you down on the floor of the F-1 building vs. the viewing platform?

11. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Good day all , I went on the app, but only see tour info for the bus tour which goes around the facilities and you can't leave the bus

Is this now the only tour for owners does anyone know?

Thank you!

12. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    contact your dealer, they can provide you with all the information and you can book a tour there (several packages available). I'll do a tour next week

Martin

colorfull likes this.
  13. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Thank you, reached out to Central Ferrari of NJ, waiting to hear back.

You're going next week?

14. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    yes, we drive to Maranello on monday and have the tour on tuseday

alex and colorfull like this.
  15. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    awesome! I just heard back from my dealer and they said they're happy to set it up!

alex, AandSC and goblue22 like this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Carol Nguyen with Ferrari of Houston will set up your factory tour, as she did for me in July. Wonderful experience but no photos unfortunately. Enjoy!
    Pagani is not far, and we had a superb lunch at the Cavallino.

colorfull likes this.
  17. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    That sounds great, getting pretty excited! Working with Bianca Evans at Central NJ Ferrari.

Any suggestions as the best way to get from Venice to the factory?

Thank you!

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Probably train and taxi the day before - it may be easier to get taxi from Bologna to save changing trains for Modena - hotel recommendations in all the other factory tour threads

colorfull likes this.
  19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Better go to Ristorante Montana, north of Fiorano. That's where the real excellent food is served, certainly not at Cavallino.

Marcel Massini

Flea7, jkddad, pdxjim488 and 7 others like this.
  20. descartesfool

descartesfool Rookie

Apr 10, 2023
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Claude Fortier
    Just finished the factory tour with my wife and another couple, really small group of 4 versus other groups of 14 and 20 we saw. Very experienced guide gave us tons of info. Excellent, saw Leclerc's and Sainz's F1 cars being refitted after the Monza race in the F1 garage as well as all the FXX cars and customer F1 cars in the building by the Fiorano track, the production engine assembly plant and the car assembly pant, cars of every new model and color, all mixed together on the assembly line. Both museums as well the day before on our own, one in Modena and one in Maranello,, which was also revisited as part of the VIP factory tour with our guide. Stayed overnight at the Maranello Palace hotel (no food there except for breakfast buffet) and ate at the fabulous La Gazella restaurant in Maranello.

Virtually no taxis in Modena or Maranello, so we travelled between the museum and train station in Modena and museum in Maranello using the museum shuttle bus, plus a nice walk along the factory complex from our hotel and back to the factory tour entrance. Went from Rome to Modena via Bologna on the super fast and comfy and very red Freccia Rossa 1000 train, capable of 400 km/hr but only saw 255 on the screens.

Can't recommend the tour enough.

furmano, alex, SAFE4NOW and 2 others like this.
  21. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you’re staying nearby, at the Planet Hotel or Maranello Palace for example, just leave your cell phone in your hotel room and go get it after the tour.

Otherwise you’ll spend an hour over lunch or dinner trying to peel the stickers off your phone’s camera lens.

They’re serious about the No pictures thing.

Buchpilot and colorfull like this.
  22. descartesfool

descartesfool Rookie

Apr 10, 2023
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Claude Fortier
    A young woman clerk at the Ferrari store we visited after the tour was kind enough and offered to clean the oh-so-sticky goo from the stickers off our phones with alcohol. Otherwise any picture taking attempt would result in a total haze filter you can't get off.

colorfull likes this.
  23. 1swift1

1swift1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2023
    Full Name:
    RobertCameron Swift
    Just curious, as a new owner of a used F430 from BaT: must I purchase a new Ferrari from a dealership to become eligible for a factory tour? Or is simply owning a Ferrari registered in your name the only qualification?

24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You must go to your official dealer, only he can organize a visit for you.

Marcel Massini

25. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I purchased an 08 in 2020 so I am in a similar situation. I downloaded the Ferrari app and in order to activate that, you have to send in your registration to Ferrari home base, which I did.

Then when I contacted my dealer, just told them I was an owner and they scheduled the appointment

congratulations!!!! pic?

AandSC likes this.