Ferrari Fire | FerrariChat

Ferrari Fire

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 1992F40, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    Hello to all. I have had not time to get on here due to the job. I miss being on here though...anyway, my brother-in-law works for a car dealer in Florida and he went to test drive a Ferrari F355 and everything was going great until the engine caught on fire, needless to say he freaked out!!! The mechanics checked it out and it was due to a malfunction in the engine. So another one has fallen sadly.

Take care and I hope everyone is doing well!

Best regards,
    Marcus

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    When I picked up my new one last weekend I didn't START it before putting the biggest fire extinguisher I could find in the trunk!!!

The PO then knew I was an experienced Ferrari Owner.

Speedy"Stop when you smell smoke"308

3. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Wow! This seems to be so common with Ferrari's. I am glad to hear that he is alright.

4. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Yes, this is why I always have a fire extinguisher available in my car. Often, you can get small ones that will fit in a convenient place, such as alongside the seat or under a seat, for example. In my old mustang, I even have one that fits perfectly in the glove box. I would recommend finding a good place to store one, then buying the largest one that will fit in that space.

Ferraris are certainly not unique in their ability to catch fire, but are certainly more noteworthy than a Datsun pickup!

5. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Or else drive a Porsche and forget about the emergency contact #'s and the fire extinguishers,sorry couldn't resist.
    Later, Yasir

6. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah, but we like to drive our cars - not just work on them endlessly in our garages! ;0)

(Sorry, could not resist!)
    Jim