Ferrari front wing to cause a surprise! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari front wing to cause a surprise!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    On post number 9 there is an area labeled Mach 0.12
    On post number 11 there is no pressure difference at the corresponding location.

Can you illuminate why the velocity on 9 does not show up in pressure on 11?

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Mitch;

I think it is more a weakness in the software than anything else. There will be some difference in pressure between the Mach 0.2 and Mach 0.12 regions. The software creates a color graph between the higest pressure / speed and the lowest then breaks it up in to 8 colored regions to code it, then breaks it down into ranges. I took the Median difference and used that number to code the chart for every one. If the soft ware cisted every single change in speed or pressure the output would look like a kalidescope and be very difficult to understand.

Hope this helps to clear it up.

Rob

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Lets just pray to Enzo that the front nose of the 655 does not look like this on Monday.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)

Good one.

No wonder it says "LOST boys" on the car. They referred to their aerodynamics team...

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas;

I think it would have to say "LOST Boys + Girls" In Ferrari's case because of the aero people that they have lost lately.

Rob

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I still miss Arrows. And Prost. F1 with 20 cars is just not the same. Even if these teams are nothing but cannon fodder, they should be there. Bummer. Jordan might be next.
    :(

8. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    I agree, it would be nice to see 24 cars on the grid again.

Joop

9. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003

It's a shame! Will Benie and his partners (Euro banks??) ever give up some of his concessions??? I'm still surprised that Minardi and to some affect Sauber are still able to keep afloat.

Papa G

10. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Sorry for the language (have fun translating the notes...) but this is an anticipation of what the new Ferrari should look like with reasons for modifications.

Enjoy!

Ciao

Eugenio

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What Sauber is doing is close to a miracle. Being based in a country that is not into motor sports and hence offers little resources and support, yet he still survives and not even bad.

Granted they got lucky in Indy last year, but nevertheless managing to get the necessary sponsors speaks to the talents of Peter Sauber.

This year I'll visit their factory. Looking forward to that one.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If that picture is any indication it would look to me like they borrowed the Mc Laren nose and added the Williams wing to it.

What would give us that aerodynamically Rob?

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I will let you know once i see more detailed pictures of the 655 tommorow. That drawing does not enough detail to really see what is going on there. Also hopefully i will get to see better pictures of the Renault R24 rear wing. Looks like next week will be a busy one for myself and the computer :)

Rob