Ferrari FX | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari FX

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The transmission is a Williams BMW 6-speed sequential. The FX is worth $2 million and in those 2 million , $1 million is the price of the 6 speed sequential.

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    FX was the code name for the Enzo but ''F60'' was never mentioned by Ferrari. Only the journalists who started naming it F60.

3. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Hi everybody!!
    Just throwing my 2 cents here, but the "one-off" Ferrari 456 station wagon, costed around 1.5 mil to produce.
    Here's a bit of a text on it
    "a handful of very special 456's received bespoke coachwork by Pininfarina. Every one of these 456 Speciale's (or 'Venice' as they are widely known) was individually commissioned by that most extravagant of collectors, the Sultan of Brunei. Indeed, several alternative body styles were made, Pininfarina producing Cabriolet's, Berlina's and Station Wagon's in this mini series of at least nine vehicles, each of which are reputed to have cost somewhere in the region of $1.5m to produce."

And if you guys are really interested in it, check out this URL:http://www.qv500.com/ferrari456p3.htm

This is a great website with tons of info on several cars and a special section on Ferraris...
    If you need something else just say so 'cause I might have another websites with info on it.

Now, personally, I'm glad Ferrari didn't market thar car... Like someone in this thread already pointed out, it's too much like the GT40, and despite that being a great car, Ferrari styling is.... somewhat special, whereas that one is just plain ugly! (It was awesome in the 60's though...).

Going back to the break version of the 456, I leave you here another piece of that article on it regarding it's price:
    "Most, if not all, were completed in right-hand drive, the only example of which has come onto the open market being a 456 GTA Station Wagon, currently available at a prominent London dealer for an eminently reasonable £200k."

Again, check the forementioned URL for more data on this and a bunch of other (SUPER)cars...

Cheers everybody!

Miguel

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Some one have a scan of the article? That be awesome!

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I LOVE this car! A bit out of my price range though :(

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Here's the Sultan's yellow one.

7. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    That blue car in the picture is UGLY.

8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    That has to be all-time greatest & most beautiful Station Wagon :)

9. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    About the Bentleys...

You don't have to be anything special to get some of this stuff done. With all the coachwork companies out there for Bentley the only reason the "shooting brake" Bentleys or Bentley SUVs are rare is because of the cost and the lack of customers who want them.

Cheers

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yeah - except these are from the factory that way, not aftermarket.