Ferrari Get You a Date? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Get You a Date?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by venusone, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i have a fear of intimacy; i couldn't get a date with a Ferrari if i GAVE IT to a woman... :)

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Hmmmmm

I think preservation of assets is more important??

3. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I honestly don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or anything. But, I've been getting dates in all the cars I've owned except for ONE....a 1993 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I'm doing "okay" w/my BMW, although I did better w/my Acura.

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I'm married, I own Ferraris...
    I know the difference between my wife and my cars,
    That's why I'm still very happily married, and don't need to worry about what women think about my cars.

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Might be easier when you live in Little Rock. Good for you, stay that way!!

6. jmiles360

jmiles360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    J. Miles
    Most girls, if they even notice what kind of car you are driving, are more impressed with a luxury car, like a BMW or a Benz especially, than a testosterone car.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Okay, you got me. I admit it: it's my extremely fine physique that gets them.

:D

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Come on, who are you impressing, you are married already :D :D :D :eek:

9. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    no dates, but it gets me laid.

10. atheyg

atheyg Guest

I guess if your goal in life is to score to be honest yes, women will come up and start a conversation about the car, but in my experience the forward aggressive types are the ones to stay away from, some just may like the car only and are not after anything.

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just roll down the window & say "Hey Baby, WOuld you like to shag now or would you like to shag later?" :)

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Actually the racing suit standing next to the 512TR race car makes women swoon :) Too bad there are so few chicks at race tracks

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Don't stop Ryan. I am writing all of this down.

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    To Ferrari Kid: I dated a guy w/ a Porsche 911 who took me to a company event. We arrived in style & got attention all night long from people that never acknowledged my existence before.

15. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    If you were in a ferrari in union city you would have got some CRAZY low class gutter hoes proposing, and they would jack your car!

16. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Ferrari? :)
    What Ferrari?

17. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You'll attract more guys than women for sure.
    I'd say most women dont' know what the heck it is anyway... Maybe it's one of those new mustangs...

Not sure my wife even likes it. It's loud. I give it more attention. It smells. You see where I'm going... BUT I LoooooVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

18. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Um... does your buddy try and FEED his "friend"? Doesn't look like she eats much.

That said, I think she has a perfect physique. Sad double standard I know.

Nick

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have fond memeories from a Ford Explorer!

It was hers, actually, IIRC, outside the San Antonio Rose.
    That was so long ago, I was just a shy pup.
    She was a good dancer, too.

Man, thanks for bringing that to mind!

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've posted this before,

but at a light once a mother and daughter hollered out, "I'll bet that car's a babe magnet!"

I said, "I don't know, ya'll are still OVER THERE!"

The we all laughed. Didn't get the number!

21. Spectre

Spectre Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    The more important question here is, "will you owning a Ferrari get me a date?" If so, tell me where and when I can pick it up! :)

Guys are definately more approaching when it comes to exotics. I've found myself in a Lotus at the gas station for 30 minutes explaining the details of the car. Most of the girls just think it's a "cool" car and carry on. I think there are girls out there that by nature could care less about cars and then there are others who love them like men do, regardless of whether they are familiar with the badge or not. It certainly doesn't hurt to pick a girl up in an exotic over say... a 1970's Pinto. Not knocking Pintos if that's what you're into. :)

22. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In the 5 years I owned my NSX, I couldn't get a date to save my life. But when I owned a POS Corvette in my younger years, I literally had women chasing me up one side of town and down the other. Go figure...

:)

23. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    <innocently pleading the 5th>

24. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Well not that I've exercised this option myself, but I've told a few female friends that if they want to meet/date a ton of guys get an exotic car.... honestly to the guys buying a ferrari/lambo/whatever exotic to pick up women you're mostly kidding yourself. .. .girls notice, and a few gold diggers.. but as someone said earlier in this thread mostly a ferrari purchase just impresses men... young and old. Drive someplace near a crowd and a few girls will notice, the occasional adult woman, and nearly every guy in sight will do a doubletake, thumbs up, yell approval etc.. I have met a lot of wonderful people due to the car.. but dates only happen if it's someone I am actually attracted to..

Personally I got the cars because I love cars.. and most of the people who come up to me on the street asking about one of the cars are not people I'd date..though maybe talk cars with for a bit.. on occasion i have met people because of the car that I would possibly consider.. I've been propositioned by men and women (some of both men and women were the aforementioned tramps and golddiggers) I guess I have to admit that the people I have had any interest in, I met because we both had a car interest/obcession..like at a show, when I had no clue what they drove I just liked something about them enough to talk a while. I've met people at work but they almost all knew about the cars... (you can see where I park from my office window and I have ferrari pics on the walls)..

A year and a half ago was the only time I recall meeting someone in a parking lot coming out of a store and in seconds being flustered and intensely attracted to... and yeah they had a beautiful Aston, but it was the person that I was attracted to.. a lot.. too much - intimidated the heck out of me.. all the car got me to do is look long enough to decide to stop and ask about it and find out there was this great person who owned it.. . honestly I hope someday I find someone who loves cars too, but personality and attraction matters more.. oh, and it would help if they have a lot of free garage space.. and can put up with me buying projects lol
    Chelle

25. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    As for me, I love talking to guys about their exotics, but the idiots usually think I am hitting on them! Only when they see my car, do they realize I'm just an enthusiast.

Anyway, I sometimes drive into W. Hollywood and Beverly Hills, because I have friends in and around there.

Okay, had 4 different reactions, so, let's go down the line:

'85 Sapphire Blue Metallic 944 - Yup, got hit on alright - by hookers! And when they realized I was a girl, they kinda ran away, lol.

'95 Black Corvette - Again, hookers hit on me - but this time, when they realized I was a girl, they offered a two for one special, lmao!

'97 (I think) Testarossa Red/tan - Drove her, no reaction from pedestrians what so ever. What the!? Expected something, just other drivers smiling,but that was good enough, lol.

'98 Yellow/black Diablo - Drove her through Beverly Hills, and it got wierd fast! You know that street, where it's kind of old, with all those little shops lining it, on the way North to Rodeo Drive?

The women were cheering me on, very happy to see me drive it. Guys were LITERALLY walking into lamp posts, I kid you not!! It was one of the strangest moments of my life, and I gotta tell you, I LOVED IT!

Sadly, no one hit on me in that, they were just too freaked out to see a red head driving the Diablo, lmao!

I still want that car...I still can't believe guys found it so hard to see a woman driving a Diablo, that they forgot what they were doing, lol. WHAM!

I would like an older model Ferrari, just not sure which one - maybe two. Whatever cars I do wind up with, I intend to educate myself enough to be able to wrench on them myself! At least change the oil and other fluids, and whatever else niggly stuff that they need normal maintenance on.

- Julie