Ferrari Get You a Date? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Get You a Date?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by venusone, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #51 BigTex, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You know Chelle, those intense, "off balance" feelings like you mention do not happen with great frequency, in my experience. I could count mine in a lifetime, without using toes. Of course, to indulge them all you'd have a country song, "What was I Thinking?....."

What do you do with that "flare up"? Let it burn out? Stomp it out!!??
    Watch it a while, and see if it gets bigger? Let it go??

Just wondering. It's definately different from the slow building relationships that start smaller, but burn longer!

Welcome Devia! Thanks for that post.
    "Two for one special" LOL! That's scary!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Speedy308, you aren't kidding! Probably one of the few times I got scared, and actually spun my wheels around the corner to get away from them. BRRRR!!

Because of the reaction on my poor 'Vette, I used to call it something rather mean, "the Penismobile", because people always seemed to act up around it.

One of my friends worked at Warner Bros. and his coworkers called it the "Batmobile." Sometimes I would have to correct them, lol.

- Julie

3. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Speaking of these cars being guy magnets, I nearly forgot this one!

Happened in the City of Orange, when I was in one of my favorite Lingerie shops. There was a tailor next door. I walk out, and what do I see!?

Last year of the Diablo, in what I affectionately have come to call Screaming Yellow. Yeah, I walked around it, looking in the windows, admiring it.

Anyway, there was this little skinny blonde guy, who had a bit of an attitude on him, and was trying to hit on me. Yes, he drove it up, from what I could tell, but I just bantered with him. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but he looked familiar.

Anyway, his friend comes out of the tailorshop, an African American business dude, dressed better than his friend.

So, this other guy comes up, and just goes gah,gah, over it. The blonde guy said he'd only take a girl for a ride in it, and this poor guy was BEGGING! It was horrible, so I decided to get even.

The blonde guy asked me if I wanted a ride, and I told him no - I've already driven them, and I am not the passenger type.

So, his friend goes to get into the driver's side. And silly blonde guy CANNOT I mean, really, CANNOT get the passenger door open!

I walk over laughing, his friend is laughing, while I take my right hand, and pull the door open for him. He really didn't know, lmao!

Anyway, the blonde reminded me of Eminem, and the other dude, Dr. Dre. I will never know for sure, because I never asked.

Which reminds me, did anyone ever notice that in Eminem's video, "Without me," that they were driving in the Murcielago? You know, the REAL "Batmobile" lol!

Ah, silly things for thought.

- Julie

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's great! Maybe it was a rental!!!!

We've had trouble with George Foreman's Diablo. They go to shut the doors and deflect them out 'till they MISS THE PINS!!

It took two hours to unjam it once! It's tricky mounting the roof to the carrier pins, too!

I saw a few rappers and stars at the Superbowl. Wasn't that impressed.
    Even the really famous one's seem a little harried and sad. I did get paid for the Art Car appearance fee though, and sat in on drums with the UT band!

It was Jimmy Buffet who sang "I don't want the fame that brings confusion, where people recognize you, on the plane"?? Amen!

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Snoop Dog did leave me about six month's of Armani cologne, though. LOL!

And the Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders signed a card!

I'm at the other end of downtown, where the real blues are played live!

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Damn Alan, hook a brotha up! :D I need all the help I can get with my NW lumber jacks. LMAO

7. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Bah, who needs a woman/man when having a Ferrari is the ultimate form of auto eroticism....

"Auto" eroticism... geddit, geddit? Meh, never mind, it's way too early for me.

8. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Strasse, you are too funny...I just may have to draw that one, lmao!

9. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Lol 10 years later...

10. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    The answer is still no....

PDG

11. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Maybe a traffic court date ... :p

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    All the car is, is a conversation starter. You either have it, or you don't. You can have the best car in the world, and if you are a dud, you aren't getting anywhere, with anyone.

With exotic cars, you end up meeting more 12-17 year old boys than anything else. Most girls could care less.

13. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Where is DrStrangelove and his necromancer card?

14. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    I think oneguy did a search for "can a Ferrari get you a date" and found this ancient thread...LOL!!!

15. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    He already finished the star trek log books and concluded that the enterprise wont get girls. Now he researches the ferrari logs and will conclude the same haha

Try boats. That can get you girls if you cant otherwise...

16. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Yeah. The original post asked about getting dates. Not relationships

17. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Interesting topic. I think women prefer Mercedes Benz the most it shows maturity and stability and perhaps a responsible mate, a provider...something stable. Ferrari screams playboy "Passionate but will probably fly to Miami on business trip and bang his secretary on the private jet over" is what an ex-gf told me once.

This said I was in a relationship with a girl I met all last summer and we met when I was parking my Aston Martin DB. She was with some friends and playfully came upto me and asked if I needed help parking, and offered jokingly to do it for me. This led to some witty bantering and eventually we went out for cocktails the following week and started dating thereafter. I think the car was just an icebreaker, a conversation starter....if she likes you then she likes you the car is just something to get the ball rolling.

I never discuss or tell women about my cars or anything like that off hand in the beginning. it's a distractor, if they are at the house and see them then that's fine...truthfully in the city I usually always take cabs anyway.

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  19. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In summary, if you bought a car to pick up women or need a Ferrari to pick up women, you have serious issues.

20. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Want to score points with the ladies....get a cat!

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

Let's do a little better...

I have permabanned oneguy as he is a returning alias of smartguy/castor/badguy.

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Bentleys and Astons are the most popular brands among the women I know. They are good looking cars that don't scream exotic like Lambos or Fcars.

23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    The real answer is NO, but there is no doubting that showing up in a Ferrari superficially states that you have money = safety, security and stability to women. But it also does not say much about your ( our ) social maturity - add in your steriotypes here.

So you may pique the interest through the basic instinctual nature of women, but usually that is over in a split seconed if you are not phyiscally attractive, have a clear sense of confidence and can maintian and good conversation ( about her ) and be caring interesting.

the physical stuff - goes to attraction the basics... are you healthy ( fertile) , stable financial, and can provide for a family - provide a good nest and be a good source of protection for her and kids. .... all the romance and fun stuff is up to you. A Ferrari can either identify you are a Jerk or a passionate person... how you let it define you is up to you.

24. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I've been with my current GF for 20+ yrs so it doesn't matter anyway but in my experience, the times I've been approached by a woman in-

F355- zero

59 Cadillac- almost every time I drive it

25. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    nope not once in my Ferrari's. Or my porsche.

Had a couple years ago in one of my corvettes. That one was stripper so it might not really count. Crazy *****.

My wife was pissed when I showed up to the house with my first ferrari. Haha totally worth it to piss her off. Maybe why she is now my ex. F! her